• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some NWA facts for the General

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How do you know that? You may be right about the 777, but I can hold Captain now, and I am almost done with my 9 month hold (switching from DOM to INTL on the 767 does that). Are you saying we won't have any more bids this Spring? Will a merger be done by then? Are you sure? When are you getting kicked off of your AT7?

Bye Bye--General Lee

So you can hold Captain? On the Maddog I presume. How do you think the merger will affect the Maddog flying? Or 75/76 domestic flying for that matter? I'd wager a bit of overlap exists on markets like ATL-DTW, MSP-ATL, and cities in between. And don't forget about all of those DC-9s. NWA management insists they're flying until 2012. Isn't their operating cost SIGNIFICANTLY lower than a Maddog, especially since they're owned? Sounds to me like a lot of Maddogs getting parked and their routes being replaced by DC-9s and large RJs. Not so good for your upgrade, general. But hey, gear bitch isn't that bad. At least you don't have to make any decisions or take responsibility for anything.

Disagree

I think that a MERGER between DAL and NWA would be a good thing.

IF DAL and NWA merge, I think it reasonable to conclude that our two MECs can see the fiasco at AAA/AWA and avoid going to arbitration. I think that we could be a formidable outfit with a large pilot group that gets along and values each other's qualifications and skills.
As far as the employees go...there is no such thing as a "good" merger. It will not benefit the employees. As far as the two MECs avoiding arbitration....maybe, but I have no doubt it will be far more uglier than you would think. I challenge you to name one airline merger that either wasn't ugly or benefited the employees.

I agree

As far as the employees go...there is no such thing as a "good" merger. It will not benefit the employees. I challenge you to name one airline merger that either wasn't ugly or benefited the employees.
Finally, some more rational thinking.

So you can hold Captain? On the Maddog I presume. How do you think the merger will affect the Maddog flying? Or 75/76 domestic flying for that matter? I'd wager a bit of overlap exists on markets like ATL-DTW, MSP-ATL, and cities in between. And don't forget about all of those DC-9s. NWA management insists they're flying until 2012. Isn't their operating cost SIGNIFICANTLY lower than a Maddog, especially since they're owned? Sounds to me like a lot of Maddogs getting parked and their routes being replaced by DC-9s and large RJs. Not so good for your upgrade, general. But hey, gear bitch isn't that bad. At least you don't have to make any decisions or take responsibility for anything.

I am very close to 737 Captain, and we get 10 737-700s this year, starting in June. Those particular planes are the lowest paying on our payscale currently, because we lumped them in with the 737-300 when we had them. So, the 73N will not be as senior thanks to the bottom 15% of the trips will be on that plane. Also, with more 777s coming, a 73N bid would be attainable anyway--even the 738. Also, the MD90s are still an option for Delta, maybe even replacing some of those DC9s at NWA if a merger happened.

Remember this, Lee Moak has the ability to give a thumbs down to this merger, and even Oberstar is currently giving his disapproval. If Lee Moak wants to deal, he will deal with us in mind. That means few cuts, and pay raises, along with job protections. We have a lot of things in our contract that can make a potential deal unattainable---unless we get some major assurances. You on the otherhand, are ruled by a guy in St George who doesn't care about you whatsoever.

Bye Bye--General Lee

As far as the employees go...there is no such thing as a "good" merger. It will not benefit the employees. As far as the two MECs avoiding arbitration....maybe, but I have no doubt it will be far more uglier than you would think. I challenge you to name one airline merger that either wasn't ugly or benefited the employees.

Or as they say "The only fair merger is when everybody is pissed off".

USAir was a good merger route wise and hub wise. It fit like a glove. Now when it comes to employee morale and seniority integration, that is another story...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Recap:

Did not!

Did TOO!

Oh, huh!

Shut up!

Make me!

I know you are, but what am I?

Make me!

You suck!

No, YOU suck!

I'm suing! <-- Joe Merchant

Grow up!

Can't make me!

You on the otherhand, are ruled by a guy in St George who doesn't care about you whatsoever.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You've got that part right at least.

As for hanging your hopes on DALPA, tell us, how many times have they pounded their chests, then conceded at the last minute? I'll help you... every time they faced a decision in the last 7 years!

Mark my words, DALPA will NOT block this merger. They know their members WILL NEVER strike.

Latest resources

Back