• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some NWA facts for the General

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any chance the General is just going for 10,000 posts before retirement from FI? After 3 more days, is it possible that he will sunset and find another hobby, leaving us all in peace??

We can hope. However, it is entertaining to watch the General's posts get more and more shrill and condescending the more nervous he gets about his future. He was at the height of his paranoid lashing out during the threat of the US Air takeover, but he is rapidly building up to a fever pitch once again. How very entertaining.

I'm sure I will be insulted and belittled once again in about 2 minutes. Fire away, General. Rid yourself of all that nervous energy and paranoid angst, you small pathetic man.

Last edited:
Any chance the General is just going for 10,000 posts before retirement from FI? After 3 more days, is it possible that he will sunset and find another hobby, leaving us all in peace??

We can hope. However, it is entertaining to watch the General's posts get more and more shrill and condescending the more nervous he gets about his future. He was at the height of his paranoid lashing out during the threat of the US Air takeover, but he is rapidly building up to a fever pitch once again. How very entertaining.

I'm sure I will be insulted and belittled once again in about 2 minutes. Fire away, General. Rid yourself of all that nervous energy and paranoid angst, you small pathetic man.

Why would I be nervous? I have the seniority to do well with any merger. I like what I do, and there is no certainty that any merger will occur, especially with Oberstar objecting. If one does, I will do fine. If one doesn't, I will also do fine, probably upgrading a bit quicker. Hey, I like my INTL flying gig right now. It gives me plenty of time for Flightinfo.com.

You sound very unhappy. That is sad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

They already have that with the code shares in place.

Do you like switching airlines and moving from terminal to terminal? People would rather stay with just one airline I believe. It is nice to have code share partners, though. But one stop shopping is a bit easier.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Delta doesn't have much overlap with United in LA? Really? JFK, BOS, MCO, DEN, SFO, HNL, OGG, KOA and LIH(starting in June), OAK, SJC, SEA, PDX, YVR, SJD, PHX, TUS, GUA, SLC, and MSY.

As far as hubs and overlap, do you need that much feed into IAD and JFK? Doesn't UAL get mainline feed from the West Coast and FLA for those European Connections? Doesn't DL do the same to and from JFK? Would we need both? I doubt it. Not a good fit.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Really... Most of the destinations you named are flown by Expressjet and believe me..that ain't Delta. The mainline routes we fly from LA are just a fraction of what United mainline does.

As far as JFK and IAD, they go together just fine I think. We're talking about a combined carrier twice the size of DL. Those planes aren't going to fit into ATL or JFK. CVG would be a great reliever for ORD which is much more valuable in terms of O/D traffic. United has much better hubs and a much better fleet. I don't understand why there's any question which would be a better fit.

If the debt could be controlled the combined carrier would have the size and pricing power to finally make a profit in the domestic market instead of running from it, and SWA.

You sound very unhappy. That is sad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Actually, I'm quite happy. I honestly have absolutely nothing to be upset or unhappy about. I have a life... I have far less than 10,000 posts.... I actually enjoy doing things that don't involve typing on a computer keyboard... You're just entirely too easy to get a rise out of.

On the plus side, I think when you hit 20,000 posts you get to officially call flightinfo.com your life's work. Congratulations.

Last edited:
Really... Most of the destinations you named are flown by Expressjet and believe me..that ain't Delta. The mainline routes we fly from LA are just a fraction of what United mainline does.

As far as JFK and IAD, they go together just fine I think. We're talking about a combined carrier twice the size of DL. Those planes aren't going to fit into ATL or JFK. CVG would be a great reliever for ORD which is much more valuable in terms of O/D traffic. United has much better hubs and a much better fleet. I don't understand why there's any question which would be a better fit.

If the debt could be controlled the combined carrier would have the size and pricing power to finally make a profit in the domestic market instead of running from it, and SWA.

Really? Can you name other cities United mainline goes to that Delta does not? Here they are: BWI, ORD, HKG, LHR, MEX, EWR, PHL, SAL, NRT, and IAD. Wow, mainline goes to 10 total cities more than DL, even though DL mainline flies to CHM, FLL, BDL, JAX, TPA, GDL, PVR, LIB, MGA, and RDU nonstop from LAX too, and UAL doesn't. Oh well, it is fun to speculate, but all in all it probably won't happen anyway. Air France and others may be trying to bank roll DL into buying NWA it seems.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Actually, I'm quite happy. I honestly have absolutely nothing to be upset or unhappy about. You're just entirely too easy to get a rise out of.

Do I really sound upset? I enjoy the banter and debate or lack of it. Keep it going, really.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Do I really sound upset? I enjoy the banter and debate or lack of it. Keep it going, really.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yes... you do... you sound shrill, paranoid, and frightened enough to lash out like a monkey in a cage... as usual.

As always, you amuse me.

Last edited:
Yes... you do... you sound shrill, paranoid, and frightened enough to lash out like a monkey in a cage... as usual.

As always, you amuse me.

Paranoid and frightened? Really? No, I am just excited that I have enough material to get me to 10,000 posts, soon. Thanks for participating.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back