• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some Delta/NWA route swaps......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you guys think an '07 hire will be able to hold NYC ER FO going forward?

I definitely see them shrinking that category as the A330's move in and the 767's go east.

But it's still JFK.:crying:

Do you guys think an '07 hire will be able to hold NYC ER FO going forward?

I definitely see them shrinking that category as the A330's move in and the 767's go east.

But it's still JFK.:crying:

That is the million dollar question. JFK is JFK, and it is by far the hardest base to commute to. I am sure that on some level there will be an ER base in NYC. I would even guess that some of the new hires will still hold it. Albeit, not holding weekends off and three days to TLV!

I start losing ground in 2016 and peak out at a 7% difference for the yrs 2020-2023 then slowly recover to be back at my stand alone % by 2028.

Wow, lucky you. I start off at 1% behind, bottom out out at 10% behind, to never fully recover with a finish at 2% behind. So much for relative seniority BS, Delta won.

Wow, lucky you. I start off at 1% behind, bottom out out at 10% behind, to never fully recover with a finish at 2% behind. So much for relative seniority BS, Delta won.
Yes, but all you can hold now is an engineer seat. When those aircraft retire shortly, you'll be able to upgrade to a window seat.
So looks like a win for you as an FNG!

Well I think that everyone is for the most part behind. I am only behind about 1% my whole career. Some did not fair as well.
Remember that with this many jets, and this many pilots a few percentage points will not effect your overall expectations! Unless you want to be in a senior base.

GL,

It is finally good to hear y'all acknowledge our significant near term attrition. Too bad the arbitraitors did not. There are parts of our list that will never recover (86-89) hires. All in all my group (95) did ok. However, looking at my percentages I start losing ground in 2016 and peak out at a 7% difference for the yrs 2020-2023 then slowly recover to be back at my stand alone % by 2028. Now in fairness, I end up retiring within 2 #s of my original NWA prediction a few years later. Most FNW pilots will not ever be anywhere close to their stand alone percentages. Lets just hope for all of our sakes though this place is a survivor. :beer:

Are you defining near term as five years from now??? I just looked at the combined retirments and we will not see any signifcant movement until 2013 and then it is only in the 100's.

The NWA guys are assuming age 60 retirements, which for now will at least be mostly correct.

After a couple years it will wane and trickle back to 65 as the frozen pensions get smaller. This is a fact they have a hard time admitting!

Latest resources

Back