• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some Delta/NWA route swaps......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ACL's got reasons to like it up there and he knows few will join him. He's got it made and is young enough to wait the NWA side out.

His circumstance is better than what most folks have to deal with... and good for him. Superpilot 92 is going to make out on this deal well also. They are great guys - none of this is personal, but we can cheer for those who are going to make it good in this business.

I'm younger and senior to superpilot. I've been looking at a seniority list crystal ball. My percentage up the seniority list compared to where it would be had we stayed separate gets worse and worse every single year until 2024 where I am 53 percent from the bottom compared to 42 percent from bottom had we stayed separate. After that, the percentages start getting closer, but until my last year in 2046, I am behind my entire career. Superpilot would have been better off without the merger as would myself. Contracts are temporary, seniority is forever. The Delta pilots hands down won this arbitration. Katz is a worthless lawyer that loses every single seniority case he deals with. Why ALPA still employs him is beyond me. That being said, it is more beneficial to all of us to just suck it up and move on. No one wants a US Airways' situation. Any Delta pilot that thinks he/she didn't make out well, just look at a crystal ball of your future percentages. I guarantee you made out unless you are one of the few unfortunate pilots on the bottom.

I will tell you that. I am with in 1% relative seniority pre vs post merger. It did absolutely noting for me. It kept my career expectations!

I'm younger and senior to superpilot. I've been looking at a seniority list crystal ball. My percentage up the seniority list compared to where it would be had we stayed separate gets worse and worse every single year until 2024 where I am 53 percent from the bottom compared to 42 percent from bottom had we stayed separate. After that, the percentages start getting closer, but until my last year in 2046, I am behind my entire career. Superpilot would have been better off without the merger as would myself. Contracts are temporary, seniority is forever. The Delta pilots hands down won this arbitration. Katz is a worthless lawyer that loses every single seniority case he deals with. Why ALPA still employs him is beyond me. That being said, it is more beneficial to all of us to just suck it up and move on. No one wants a US Airways' situation. Any Delta pilot that thinks he/she didn't make out well, just look at a crystal ball of your future percentages. I guarantee you made out unless you are one of the few unfortunate pilots on the bottom.

Sorry read the original post wrong.

Last edited:

It is not very nice to mock us, when we are trying to get over the fact that EVERY pilot at Delta Air Lines, yeah the one with the hardest interview process in the industry, I know I interviewed at 3 legacies, and I have worked at 2 so far, have their career expectations pushed back at least 5 years. 70% of pilots at DAL have lost seniority power, because of NWA. Because of NWA, hundreds of 76 FOs are assuming that the NWA guys will displace us when a new bid comes out and they shuffle equipment. I tell you what, stay on a NWA A/C and base for the next 5 years, and then start bitching. I am sure you will not, you will jump on one of Delta's widebody ASAP. So shut up, today you can hold a widebody, when you couldn't before, and you still have your pension, for now....

It is not very nice to mock us, when we are trying to get over the fact that EVERY pilot at Delta Air Lines, yeah the one with the hardest interview process in the industry, I know I interviewed at 3 legacies, and I have worked at 2 so far, have their career expectations pushed back at least 5 years. 70% of pilots at DAL have lost seniority power, because of NWA. Because of NWA, hundreds of 76 FOs are assuming that the NWA guys will displace us when a new bid comes out and they shuffle equipment. I tell you what, stay on a NWA A/C and base for the next 5 years, and then start bitching. I am sure you will not, you will jump on one of Delta's widebody ASAP. So shut up, today you can hold a widebody, when you couldn't before, and you still have your pension, for now....

In 5 to 6 years when the NWA guys all start to bailout, we will be golden. There will be widebody Capt seat bids out every month, with 744 and A330 seats opening up in wide numbers. That is good for ALL of us. So, ride it out for the next 5 years or so on something you don't mind flying. If you are young, then no problem. Maybe you weren't around after 9-11, during all of the furloughs. A lot of people were bumped down a couple plane types after we got rid of the L1011s and 727s, and it took about 5 years to start hiring again and moving back up. I was lucky and stayed on the 767, but I may have even had a couple months of reserve back then, and I think I took out my frustration on people on FI. Sorry about that! It will all come back eventually, and if you get bumped your transition back won't be too tough. Tough it out man! Hopefully everyone will stay employed, that is the main thing. Atleast we have this Compass thing and the 76-70 seat protection deal. Better than nothing.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
In 5 to 6 years when the NWA guys all start to bailout, we will be golden. There will be widebody Capt seat bids out every month, with 744 and A330 seats opening up in wide numbers. That is good for ALL of us. So, ride it out for the next 5 years or so on something you don't mind flying. If you are young, then no problem.

Bye Bye--General Lee

That is my plan. MSP ERB

That is my plan. MSP ERB

MSP won't have an ER base, rather a standard 757/767 base that does domestic and INTL flying, like they do currently in MSP and DTW. If they add 767ER flying, that flying will be flown by the current MSP 757 pilots. I think they will do some 767 sim training or a DVD to see the differences. If there is a MSP 777 base, then that would be exclusive to Delta pilots for 5 years though. You might be able to hold MSP 757B though, right?

Bye Bye--General Lee

MSP won't have an ER base, rather a standard 757/767 base that does domestic and INTL flying, like they do currently in MSP and DTW. If they add 767ER flying, that flying will be flown by the current MSP 757 pilots. I think they will do some 767 sim training or a DVD to see the differences. If there is a MSP 777 base, then that would be exclusive to Delta pilots for 5 years though. You might be able to hold MSP 757B though, right?

Bye Bye--General Lee
How about a MSP 88/90 base? :0)

General,

I don't think we'll be seeing any additional 76 "domestic" bases. All will be "ER" and operate dual operations. LAX and ATL will be the sole remaining separate ER and domestic bases.

...and probably will be converted in a few years.

In 5 to 6 years when the NWA guys all start to bailout, we will be golden. There will be widebody Capt seat bids out every month, with 744 and A330 seats opening up in wide numbers. That is good for ALL of us. So, ride it out for the next 5 years or so on something you don't mind flying. If you are young, then no problem. Maybe you weren't around after 9-11, during all of the furloughs. A lot of people were bumped down a couple plane types after we got rid of the L1011s and 727s, and it took about 5 years to start hiring again and moving back up. I was lucky and stayed on the 767, but I may have even had a couple months of reserve back then, and I think I took out my frustration on people on FI. Sorry about that! It will all come back eventually, and if you get bumped your transition back won't be too tough. Tough it out man! Hopefully everyone will stay employed, that is the main thing. Atleast we have this Compass thing and the 76-70 seat protection deal. Better than nothing.

Bye Bye--General Lee

What makes you so sure things are going to be so great. I was hired in 01. My pre-merge seniority number moved up around 3700 numbers. I almost moved up 4000 numbers and I am still the bottom of the barrel. My new number is almost 11k. Take a look at Mother D's history of replacing airframes, it sucks! 73-200/300,L10,76-200 what replaced them? we had around 120 727's which we replaced with 71 73-800's. We have over 100 88's 70 DC-9's, a huge amount of 75's combined. How many 747's are there, they are going away. The only airframe with a current long term future here is the 777 and we have a whole 10 of those! When I was hired I thought I could be a bottom rung captain on something when I hit around sixty percent of this list. Well I am there on the pre-merge list and I am stil wondering if I am going to get re-furloughed. I personally feel we have a 50 percent chance of having history repeat itself for the next 7 years. Please explain to me why I am wrong and what is this companies grand plans. I hear a lot of talk of fleet flexibility and permanently removing costs from the balance sheet. Hate to be a pessimist, but 5 years on the street has made me bitter.:(

Latest resources

Back