• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some Delta/NWA route swaps......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know NWA is ramping up 9 flying...but isn't this coming at the expense of the 757?

To some degree yes ... that is why I see this as a very temporary stop gap until the recession ends, or fuel spikes. When either of these events occur it is my opinion management will again have been guilty of burning the furniture to stay warm in the winter. The airline will be behind the power curve relative to other operators with more efficient equipment.

But hey, we saved the cost of a C check for 6 months and put it off until the prices went up - yippee!

Yes it is temporary. Like
less time than it will take to train everyone.

Yep were "loosing" a number of planes for the short term: 765's getting international configurations, 7ER's getting winglets, and 757's getting ER'ed for the upcoming Sal ops. These planes will be back soon and will need pilots. Could be a messy year for training!

I know NWA is ramping up 9 flying...but isn't this coming at the expense of the 757?

Heyas P,

That's what was stated, but a whole bunch of cancelled 757 flying has popped back into open flying.

We're stumped by it, too. Now we're hearing that the 757 pullback isn't going happen.

Nu

Latest resources

Back