• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some Delta/NWA route swaps......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is the million dollar question. JFK is JFK, and it is by far the hardest base to commute to. I am sure that on some level there will be an ER base in NYC. I would even guess that some of the new hires will still hold it. Albeit, not holding weekends off and three days to TLV!

Thanks, from one the 15% of us who drive.

Incidentqlly; ahy qre co,puter keyboqrds so different in Europe?

Looking at Delta's base closing history this is my prediction: PDX will close again, like Delta did in the past, flying will consolidate in SEA. MEM will close, too close to ATL. MSP will close, DTW is not far away and bigger. Timeline: 5 years.

Goggles: only in French speaking areas. Why? Don't know. Annoying as hell.

disclaimer: I'm neither NWA nor DAL. From the outside looking in.

PDX will close again, like Delta did in the past, flying will consolidate in SEA.

PDX will close again? First it would have to open again. PDX is not a current DL or NW base (at least not for pilots). The 330 flying that NW does out of PDX is probably done by SEA pilots.

Looking at Delta's base closing history this is my prediction: PDX will close again, like Delta did in the past, flying will consolidate in SEA. MEM will close, too close to ATL. MSP will close, DTW is not far away and bigger. Timeline: 5 years.

Goggles: only in French speaking areas. Why? Don't know. Annoying as hell.

disclaimer: I'm neither NWA nor DAL. From the outside looking in.

Plenty of problems with your guesses. PDX is not a base, and won't be. SEA could be a base soon, and will be fed by Alaska Airlines (or merged in with DL in the long run). MEM may stick around since ATL is hard to expand, without getting more terminals quicker. MSP and DTW really aren't close, and ORD and MKE are in between. Both don't have a lot of LCC competition yet. (SWA is starting up in MSP, and has been in DTW for years, but not very large presence). MSP also has a deal with the locals to keep a certain amount of flights there a day, which cannot be broken unless we want to pay Millions of dollars.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You will probably retire more AIRPLANES than we will within the next 5 years though...

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

Please define "YOU" in your statement.

You mean Delta Airlines will retire more aircraft? We are supposed to be the same right now, even if SOC hasn't happened. NWA no longer exists as far as planning and marketing goes. Former NWA people march to Delta orders now.

The sooner we all get on the same page the better. If we (Delta Airlines) park any mainline aircraft it is going to hurt EVERYBODY. I know you believe this to be true, so why are you still flaming us (former NWA pilots) You won.

General,

Please define "YOU" in your statement.

You mean Delta Airlines will retire more aircraft? We are supposed to be the same right now, even if SOC hasn't happened. NWA no longer exists as far as planning and marketing goes. Former NWA people march to Delta orders now.

The sooner we all get on the same page the better. If we (Delta Airlines) park any mainline aircraft it is going to hurt EVERYBODY. I know you believe this to be true, so why are you still flaming us (former NWA pilots) You won.

Come on man, we ALL WON. And, you really won, you someday will fly with me, and I MAY do a walkaround for you, if it is over 50 degrees F....

What I was stating there was that more of the planes you brought to the table will probably be retired before a lot of the planes we brought. The 742s will probably be gone as soon as we find replacements for their NRT slots. The DC9s will start to go in 2011-2012 supposedly. That means more of your planes will leave before ours. Regardless, we should all have a fantastic time together, and I will buy the beers (only 3rd and 5th rounds, please). Relax a bit.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I don't think any of us won...but I do agree that we are all on the same team and parking of any airplanes without immediate replacements is hurting us.

Since you now work for the company, it's "Delta Air Lines." Two words., double breasted. :)

NWA pilots will receive larger pay raises. ...

Quite a bit to balance. If anyone focusses on just one equity, then the award will not appear equitable, if you look at it in it's entirety and balance out all the competing equities, then the award begins to look fair and equitable.

I understand you are trying to rationalize your windfall. Try as you may it is never going to seem fair and equitable to a former Northwest Airlines pilot.

Why do you keep bringing up the raises we got? The arbitrators were not supposed to look at that aspect. It wasn't what they were chartered to do. They were supposed to come up with a fair and equitable list. Instead, they screwed over a lot of NWA pilots.

You guys think we are a piece of *&^& airline. Obviously you were successful in proving to the arbitrators that we were a crap outfit because you guys made out so well.

Sorry in advance if it sounds like sour grapes. This is a tough one to take if you are a former NWA pilot. Hopefully you guys will understand one day that there is simply no way to justify the drubbing we took. No right-minded pilot can justify it.

I don't think any of us won...but I do agree that we are all on the same team and parking of any airplanes without immediate replacements is hurting us.

Since you now work for the company, it's "Delta Air Lines." Two words., double breasted. :)

You're right, none of us really "won." I think I did pretty well, but I expected to be around the same relative seniority, and I think I did fall about 1% point, which is fine with me.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The DC9s will start to go in 2011-2012 supposedly.

Relax a bit.

Bye Bye--General Lee

SUPPOSEDLY is right. There is nothing in corporate communications and planning that indicates these airplanes are going away, PERIOD!

Where do you get this rock solid information. Again, your lawyers did a great job selling this one to the arbitrators. Its really too bad that you guys have to continually bash an airplane and its pilots like this. The only way WE are going to park DC9s is to have them replaced by a bunch of mother &^%$in 76 seat jets. Is that what you want? Heck I just read Colgan is part of our illustrious union now. Maybe we can get a flowback with them now. Sweet!

As far as lightening up goes, yeah, I need to. I admit it. You guys just think we are crap and its too bad I gotta deal with the egos the rest of my career. Also have to deal with Delta Air Lines pilots saying how lucky I am to be part of their organization.

BTW, are any of you guys aware that Delta is not honoring the contract with regard to the trip / duty rigs that were agreed up on in the JCBA? Apparently we aren't getting any support from DALPA and Delta. I hear a lot of talk from the higher ups saying they are going to do what they say, but sadly in this case it appears they are trying to B-Scale us on this aspect of the contract.

Do any of the Delta pilots feel we should be getting trip / duty rigs that were agreed upon in the JCBA?

I have called my reps here at NWA and looks like we are going to have to grieve it. Gotta love it!

Latest resources

Back