• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some Delta/NWA route swaps......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know it is foreign to you, but our leadership is very open with their future plans. Ask a question and for the most part they will tell you everything that is not under a NDA.
I have heard the CP's and our VP of Ops both say this in the crew lounge so, fact is that it is not something super double breasted secret!

I think that the issue with trip and duty regs is that maybe a lot of the trips were already built before DCC. Hopefully you will see improvement in the Feb. sked.

I understand you are trying to rationalize your windfall. Try as you may it is never going to seem fair and equitable to a former Northwest Airlines pilot.

Why do you keep bringing up the raises we got? The arbitrators were not supposed to look at that aspect. It wasn't what they were chartered to do. They were supposed to come up with a fair and equitable list. Instead, they screwed over a lot of NWA pilots.

You guys think we are a piece of *&^& airline. Obviously you were successful in proving to the arbitrators that we were a crap outfit because you guys made out so well.

Sorry in advance if it sounds like sour grapes. This is a tough one to take if you are a former NWA pilot. Hopefully you guys will understand one day that there is simply no way to justify the drubbing we took. No right-minded pilot can justify it.

Sour grapes is fine. Mourning is expected. I'll let you have it without comment. You have no less pride in your airline than we have in ours. Although I have not seen anybody call your airline a piece of crap, I have seen numerous amounts of you refer to the "double breasted sky gods", there have been jumpseat denials from your pilots to ours--yes it is true and being looked at by jumpseat coordinators, and other less friendly comments.

I personally took a 2% hit, and do not catch my relative percentage until 2015. I have risen above it, and am moving on. I highly recommend that all of my future, FNWA f/os do the same.

I will say that I look forward to the mix of Delta union levelheadedness with NWA spiritedness. I think that we will do very nicely in the combined world.

Cheers, fellas. I look forward to it.

Mike Campbell "EVP of HR" Founding F&H Partner

I know it is foreign to you, but our leadership is very open with their future plans. Ask a question and for the most part they will tell you everything that is not under a NDA.
I have heard the CP's and our VP of Ops both say this in the crew lounge so, fact is that it is not something super double breasted secret!

Um...Any company that places Ford & Harrison in key positions will tell you whatever it takes to keep that carrot dangling in front of you, to accomplish their goals without resistance.
They are obviously highly successful in this instance, as recognized in the "divide & conquer 101" subliminal tactics that make the Former DL side delusionally think they are actually more "loved". :laugh:
Kool-Aid...yum.:smash:
Keep drinking and see how far you get on that hamster wheel in the long run.
Both sides need each other A LOT more thn they currently realize.

ACL-- a few months ago you were saying you were a DL new hire...more recently 10 years...which is it?

Sour grapes is fine. Mourning is expected. I'll let you have it without comment. You have no less pride in your airline than we have in ours. Although I have not seen anybody call your airline a piece of crap, I have seen numerous amounts of you refer to the "double breasted sky gods", there have been jumpseat denials from your pilots to ours--yes it is true and being looked at by jumpseat coordinators, and other less friendly comments.

I personally took a 2% hit, and do not catch my relative percentage until 2015. I have risen above it, and am moving on. I highly recommend that all of my future, FNWA f/os do the same.

I will say that I look forward to the mix of Delta union levelheadedness with NWA spiritedness. I think that we will do very nicely in the combined world.

Cheers, fellas. I look forward to it.
Puff,

Actually, I mostly agree with you on this. If you haven't seen anyone call NWA a piece of crap you obviously have never read some of the local press in our hubs in the wintertime.

One of my best friends is our J/S chairman. I haven't heard that from him but I will be asking him about it. If it has happened it is wrong and needs to be dealt with firmly. FWIW, I have jumped on DAL a few times lately and have been treated exceptionally well every time. Thanks.

I gained 2% relative seniority, but in 5 years that is gone and in 10 years I will have lost 8% relative seniority. 8%....That = about 1000 numbers. That was one of the points of FNWA posters here a while back....what seems fair now looks a lot different in the future. DAL pilots will be doing some major sharing of the benefit of NWA attrition, and that's the main reason we FNWAs can't understand why anyone on your side could be unhappy about the SLI. Having said that, I agree with you, it is what it is, and have moved on. I think we are well positioned for all of our futures overall going forward....or at least almost as well as anyone can be in this industry.

Last edited:
Puff,

Actually, I mostly agree with you on this. If you haven't seen anyone call NWA a piece of crap you obviously have never read some of the local press in our hubs in the wintertime.

One of my best friends is our J/S chairman. I haven't heard that from him but I will be asking him about it. If it has happened it is wrong and needs to be dealt with firmly. FWIW, I have jumped on DAL a few times lately and have been treated exceptionally well every time. Thanks.

I gained 2% relative seniority, but in 5 years that is gone and in 10 years I will have lost 8% relative seniority. 8%....That = about 1000 numbers. That was one of the points of FNWA posters here a while back....what seems fair now looks a lot different in the future. DAL pilots will be doing some major sharing of the benefit of NWA attrition, and that's the main reason we FNWAs can't understand why anyone on your side could be unhappy about the SLI. Having said that, I agree with you, it is what it is, and have moved on. I think we are well positioned for all of our futures overall going forward....or at least almost as well as anyone can be in this industry.

DTW:
Nicely done!:beer:

Puff,

As you said, mostly agreed. Personally, I love MSP layovers. DTW, not so much. I would live in MN in a heartbeat. Can't talk the wife into it. I have also heard Ann Arbor is also great, but I can't even mention the D-word in the house lest I get banned.

As far as seniority, I completely get what you are saying. At the same time, you never, ever know what the future holds. They may very well change the age 65 rule to no limit in 3 years. Unlikely, true, but at the same time, I never thought that age 65 could be introduced stand alone, passed, and signed in 4 days. Unheard of. So that's one point to consider. Another is perhaps, just perhaps, the sting might be taken out just a bit with the pay rates, base choices, greater access to widebodies, and greater security, the security part being IMO. I realize that different things mean different things to different people. Hopefully, some of that takes some of the sting out. It would appear as well as if we will be larger internationally, meaning more jobs, so as to offset that percentage.

Anyway, I am semi-excited about the culture clash/morph. No doubt interesting times lay ahead, and hopefully the seniority gain/loss will be a non-event.

Just curious, could someone objectively state what both carriers brought to the merger?

From what I see, DAL brought:

Higher payrates
More wide-bodies and their higher pay
Probably the best-managed airline at the moment

NWA brought:

More retirements after approximately 10 years

I'm really serious. Please, any NWA guys, I would like to hear the argument that you brought more to the table. I'm listening with open ears and may have the wrong idea about this whole thing.

Doesn't it seem like a semi-junior NWA guy is pretty happy? He can jump off a narrow-body to fly international, getting not only the pay raise to bigger equipment, but also the higher pay from Delta.

Um...Any company that places Ford & Harrison in key positions will tell you whatever it takes to keep that carrot dangling in front of you, to accomplish their goals without resistance.
They are obviously highly successful in this instance, as recognized in the "divide & conquer 101" subliminal tactics that make the Former DL side delusionally think they are actually more "loved". :laugh:
Kool-Aid...yum.:smash:
Keep drinking and see how far you get on that hamster wheel in the long run.
Both sides need each other A LOT more thn they currently realize.

ACL-- a few months ago you were saying you were a DL new hire...more recently 10 years...which is it?

You need to reread where you think there is a disconnect in my longevity here. I think you are mixing my former job and current one. I was an 07 hire at DAL.

Doesn't it seem like a semi-junior NWA guy is pretty happy? He can jump off a narrow-body to fly international, getting not only the pay raise to bigger equipment, but also the higher pay from Delta.

All but the most 150 junior NWA pilots could of held at least 757 FO premerger if they wished. Even the most junior NWA pilot could hold 747 SO (which pays more than 75/76 FO) premerger.

The raise averaged about 9% however monthly guarantee dropped about 7%, upgrade time to CA approximately doubled.

Hope that helps.

Latest resources

Back