• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI. What's fair and equitable.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Shanes is a diplomat...or at least something that begins with dip... Having said that, we are all replaceable. The people that will be attracted will be determined by the contract we sign. Lousy contract, people with lousy customer service skills will be all we can attract. Good people go where their talents are rewarded.

Fine, a 1-to-1 zipper isn't practical since we aren't exactly the same size. There are powerful machines that can make easy work of this. At the end of the process all pilots will be in almost the same spot on the combined list. What kind of difference are we talking, 10 pilots, 50 pilots, don't be so secretive.

I'm really disappointed to see a FJ pilot advocating Date of Hire. I'll bet his position will put him well above any loss in seniority.

As career expectations go... a Flexjet guy gets hired in to a LR31 and sees the top seat in a CL60X. As time goes by he gets it, great for him. What about all the LR45 new hires? at no point did they ever have an expectation of being in a Phenom. And when did anyone hired at options in the last 10 years have any exception on being in a CL30?

The FJ pilots made a decision to join with FLOPs in a equal partnership, now we're finding out some pigs are more equal than others.

And for those keeping score, FJ voted in the union and now KR reinstates the FLOPs 401(k) match at our level. If the vote had gone the other way I'd bet the email we received would have been very different, maybe detailing his not so secret hope to wind Options down.

Let's all play nice and wait until we actually have a contract offer before tearing each other up.

And for those keeping score, FJ voted in the union and now KR reinstates the FLOPs 401(k) match at our level. If the vote had gone the other way I'd bet the email we received would have been very different, maybe detailing his not so secret hope to wind Options down.

This is our original match %, no change. I think your 401k at FLex was the one that was altered.

This is our original match %, no change. I think your 401k at FLex was the one that was altered. I think he will wind down FLOPS anyway

Fine, a 1-to-1 zipper isn't practical since we aren't exactly the same size. There are powerful machines that can make easy work of this. At the end of the process all pilots will be in almost the same spot on the combined list. What kind of difference are we talking, 10 pilots, 50 pilots, don't be so secretive.

I'm really disappointed to see a FJ pilot advocating Date of Hire. I'll bet his position will put him well above any loss in seniority.

If you're referring to me as in promoting DOH, then you should go back and reread my previous posts. There are only a handful of them so it won't take you long.

If you're referring to me as in promoting DOH, then you should go back and reread my previous posts. There are only a handful of them so it won't take you long.

You aren't the one I'm talking about unless you're one of the guys from the VUH starting to spout some nonsense about percentage merge at the top that eventually becomes DoH just south of their seniority number.

It seems there's been a shake up on the FJ SLI committee, no explanation given. Add that to the new posters on FI with a definite bias about what is fair and equitable. That opinion being, "it's fair that my seniority increase at someone else's expense because I've been abused by KR longer than they have". This is getting ugly, early.

During the election process every POC member said absolutely NO F'ing way would integration be DoH. Some seem to have softened on that idea. My guess is they're in a hurry to get to the contract negotiations so they can take their shot at Kenn. Kind of pointless since he has decided to take his ball and go home.

The margin on this election wasn't anywhere near a mandate. The folks at the top should remember that.

What I am sure of is, I'm starting to regret my vote much sooner than I thought I would.

This is our original match %, no change. I think your 401k at FLex was the one that was altered. I think he will wind down FLOPS anyway

The 401(k) wasn't really touched. We lost an additional contribution that replaced our pension plan. It was about 3%.

I'm not sure either operation will survive.

What I am sure of is, I'm starting to regret my vote much sooner than I thought I would.

Ditto! Before the vote I was told by a FPOC member that integration would be 1 to 1. Now I feel like I was lied to. No contract is worth being stapled. The IBT is losing my support.

Last edited:
Have you contacted the committee directly? Or are you just drama queening out of control on your own? Seriously, your screwing yourselves into the ceiling based on some FI a-hat's comments? Get some facts kids, you'll sleep better at night.

Latest resources

Back