• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI. What's fair and equitable.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Y'all don't need to worry about KR adding TMC to the mix anymore. They were just sold to TPG today.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. It wouldn't surprise me if the puppetmaster KR is somehow pulling the strings in the background. Time will tell.

Y'all don't need to worry about KR adding TMC to the mix anymore. They were just sold to TPG today.

Ummmmm.... better say don't worry yet.

If you don't see this as even more worrisome then you aren't thinking far enough into the future.

Buying TMC now doesn't help Kenn. They are already union. He needs another company to acquire them first and decertify. Then when this new non union shop is big enough, Kenn acquires them and gets another shot at ridding himself of the 1108 for good. I'm betting there's already a side handshake deal on the table if they can produce an un-unionized pilot group of 300 plus pilots.

We have 2-3 years guys. 2-3 years to get the best contract in the biz and shut down the threat. Let's not waste it on sli.

I'm with lucky and El raton (and a few options guys it appears) on sli - it should not be a get rich quick scheme / lottery scam for options pilots.

A zipper is very doable when you convert each pilot to a PERCENTAGE number. It floors me supposedly educated individuals do not understand this or what percentage sli means.

You convert each pilot in each group to a percentage number and then you go one by one until you hit a disparity, then maybe 2 for 1 for a few numbers until you get back on track with the numbers and continue one for one until the next hiccup. Rinse and repeat. Everyone ends up roughly where they started on the new list, at the very least still in their bracket/tier.

The only method that guarantees any arbitration is any hint of this DOH bull$hit including that proposed by AF as reasonable as he's trying to be. The only true fair and equitable solution is a zipper based on your converted percentage.

If you came into SLI at the top middle or bottom is how you should leave sli. Does it suck to be a 10-12 year FO still at the bottom at the end of it all - sure it does. But lets address that issue in negotiations where it belongs. Negotiations is your lottery ticket boys, not sli.

Don't be so short sighted with SLI we miss the boat and it takes us too long to get to the negotiating table. BTW for the record I've seen none of the supposed softening from flex leadership / ex poc people on the sli issue. What I've heard from them is the need to get through it quickly. There's a huge distinction there so stop spreading rumors that don't help and discourage unity.

Last edited:
Phil was your problem long before he darkened our list, and he still has to pass a type ride given by those evil doers at the training center before he gets his new jet to prove his incompetence flying.

AF is another good dude this process has corrupted. Any talk about DoH integration is bad for both groups and goes against the POC party line. Don't let this turn into a ALPA/USAPA nightmare.

If by AF you mean the chairman of the Flexjet merger committee, you are full of ----! He has not been corrupted by anything.

Now that we're going to be one big happy family, let's discuss where we all are going to fit in in this big happy family.

Haven't been on this board in almost a year. Haven't read this thread. Find it ironically peculiar that the most vehement Union upposer started the thread. I'll tell you where we go from here rat. Get inline behind your brothers and stand united against the evil that is flight options management. End of story. Your either with us or against us. Welcome to the teamsters. Get used to it

Haven't been on this board in almost a year. Haven't read this thread. Find it ironically peculiar that the most vehement Union upposer started the thread. I'll tell you where we go from here rat. Get inline behind your brothers and stand united against the evil that is flight options management. End of story. Your either with us or against us. Welcome to the teamsters. Get used to it

You should go back a year or so and read what I posted during that time period. You'll see that I changed my tune. I changed it because of seniority. I was reassured by the IBT it would be fair and equitable.

Kenn will avail every opportunity in the future to rid himself or marginalized the teamsters. So if you staple me with DOH, I and ~200 pilots, and the 314 who voted "no" will join Kenn's efforts. No Union is better than being stapled.

Latest resources

Back