• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

sli at rah

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Republic is bringing an absolute god-awful, terrible, industry-bottom contract" hockeypilot44
Please state facts that support this statement with comparisons.

"ensuring that the Republic contract will be the one that survives."hockeypilot44
Any proof or just conjecture?

Or are you the oracle of all things that will come? If so should you be wasting your time on this board?

En Mort Main

Are you that naive that you need facts to support that your contract is the worst in the industry? Let's start with the fact that you have no duty rigs, trip regs, or cancellation pay. Then let's talk year first officer pay on the 100 seat aircraft.

YEAR 1 2 3 4 max

Republic $23 $31 $36 $37 $37
Midwest $41 $58 $63 $68 $100
Frontier $37 $64 $73 $77 $94
Jetblue $47 $62 $73 $79 $97
Delta $52 $72 $84 $86 $99
USAir $41 $44 $46 $49 $52
Airtran $43 $56 $61 $66 $79

Now let's talk captain rates.

Republic $64 $68 $73 $75 $119
Midwest $82 $89 $94 $99 $153
Frontier $111 $112 $117 $124 $156
Jetblue $124 $126 $128 $129 $143
Delta $133 $134 $135 $136 $145
USAir $79 $80 $82 $84 $95
Airtran $102 $102 $106 $112 $153

Going by pay rates, I highlighted the low in every category. You guys are dead last in every single category except 190 captain max. In that category, you are second to last. Your retirement is pathetic. What is it? A 6% match after 12 years at the company? A 2.5% match until then? Your contract is the absolute lowest contract in the WORLD for 100-seaters. I hope the company fails miserably because of that.

Wow.....

Are you that naive that you need facts to support that your contract is the worst in the industry? Let's start with the fact that you have no duty rigs, trip regs, or cancellation pay. Then let's talk year first officer pay on the 100 seat aircraft.

YEAR 1 2 3 4 max

Republic $23 $31 $36 $37 $37
Midwest $41 $58 $63 $68 $100
Frontier $37 $64 $73 $77 $94
Jetblue $47 $62 $73 $79 $97
Delta $52 $72 $84 $86 $99
USAir $41 $44 $46 $49 $52
Airtran $43 $56 $61 $66 $79

Now let's talk captain rates.

Republic $64 $68 $73 $75 $119
Midwest $82 $89 $94 $99 $153
Frontier $111 $112 $117 $124 $156
Jetblue $124 $126 $128 $129 $143
Delta $133 $134 $135 $136 $145
USAir $79 $80 $82 $84 $95
Airtran $102 $102 $106 $112 $153

Going by pay rates, I highlighted the low in every category. You guys are dead last in every single category except 190 captain max. In that category, you are second to last. Your retirement is pathetic. What is it? A 6% match after 12 years at the company? A 2.5% match until then? Your contract is the absolute lowest contract in the WORLD for 100-seaters. I hope the company fails miserably because of that.

Wow Hockey, the facts STING!!!!!!! I don't think many know of the amount of disparity in pay and benefits that exist even amongst the regionals. Most that I know think they pretty much all have the same contract.

Well the problem with that is you put alot of people on the street who flew T-37/T-38/C-141/B-767/757/737 DC-10,DC-9,C-141,C-17 AND who flew for legacys who are at frontier now. So when you make a statement like that it makes you look like an ***********************************.

Put a lot of legacy folks who flew T-37/T-38/C-141/B-767/757 C-141,C-17 out of work???...
Doubt it, most folks at RAH probably didn't leave the traffic pattern prior to RAH.

But to those UAL bretheren who found escape from brother Tilton only to fall into the hands of brother B. at RAH I"m so very sorry you have to go thru this mess once again and I wish you the best.

If you couldn't figure it out, my point of attack was home grown RAH boy wonders but your point is well taken in regards to F9 and Midwest folks.

Koko

Wow the ignorance on this board is staggering.....
RAH contract has been in place prior to all the acqusitions and flying the 190.
The contract was in place when RAH was strickly a regional and you are comparing their pay rates to majors and national independent airlines.
Would it not be fair to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges....
such as a comparision with Pinnacle..Mesa..Comair..ASA..Skywest..Horizon..GoJets..TSA..PSA...and all the other regionals.
And then wait until SLI and new contract is out to compare them to the majors and nationals at that time.
You mock their rates at this time when they have NO control over until the contract is negotiated. Once again the rates right now in place were in place for a long time prior to all the growth at RAH.
So why doesn't everyone sit back calm down and wait until the new contract comes out and then critque how they did....as oppsed to the typical flightinfo way of being d*bags and ass*hats predicting doom and gloom.
En Mort Main

Wow the ignorance on this board is staggering.....
RAH contract has been in place prior to all the acqusitions and flying the 190.
The contract was in place when RAH was strickly a regional and you are comparing their pay rates to majors and national independent airlines.
Would it not be fair to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges....
such as a comparision with Pinnacle..Mesa..Comair..ASA..Skywest..Horizon..GoJets..TSA..PSA...and all the other regionals.
And then wait until SLI and new contract is out to compare them to the majors and nationals at that time.
You mock their rates at this time when they have NO control over until the contract is negotiated. Once again the rates right now in place were in place for a long time prior to all the growth at RAH.
So why doesn't everyone sit back calm down and wait until the new contract comes out and then critque how they did....as oppsed to the typical flightinfo way of being d*bags and ass*hats predicting doom and gloom.
En Mort Main

Bottomline:

The Teamsters need to be HARDCORE on the pursuit to INCREASE their wages, not be "fooled"into low rates by the promise and glory of getting a chance to fly an AIRBUS.<---I hope this not true.
The E170/E190s need to pay their pilots, as a minimum, jetblues' rates.
Once this happens I can assure you that we would be on the right track to maintaining a career airline, rather than a stepping stone or a place to be "stuck" at.

On the otherhand:

FAPA needs to rally it up, too. Our pay has been degraded and our flying has been out-sourced to RAH. There needs to be a solution to this fiasco:"cheap labor will make us profitable"<----------------mngmt thinks this, however cutting labor costs has traditionally done nothing but hurt morale.

Solution:

STRONG UNION! STRONG MEMBERS! FIGHT 4 WHAT WE HAVE AND WHAT WE WILL ACHIEVE!

CYA

Another solution: Dont think like my new coworker, read below:

Last edited:
RAH is only parking a few 50 seaters. RAH has a fleet almost 3 times the size of F9 but RAH is bringing nothing to the table?

221 aircraft in 2008 down to around 177? That is a difference of 20%. The branded flying is increasing rapidly, so without the new branded flying RAH would be 1/4 of its size only one year ago. All numbers come from SEC docs.

your math makes no sense. I have no idea how the loss of 44 aircraft is down to a quarter of what RAH had?
Are you trying to say the would have lost a quarter of their aircraft or conversly would be 3/4 of its size a year ago?
Further more you state that it is a lose of 20% wouldn't we then be dealing with fifths and not fourths?
Correct me if i am wrong

En mort main

your math makes no sense. I have no idea how the loss of 44 aircraft is down to a quarter of what RAH had?
Are you trying to say the would have lost a quarter of their aircraft or conversly would be 3/4 of its size a year ago?
Further more you state that it is a lose of 20% wouldn't we then be dealing with fifths and not fourths?
Correct me if i am wrong

En mort main

The math makes sense, it was my wording that was wrong. They would be 3/4 of their size, losing 1/4 of the fee based flying this year and additional reduction in the beginning of 2010. The only growth is in the branded flying.

Latest resources

Back