• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

sli at rah

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am curious, what is your best case and worst case scenario regarding the impending SLI?

FWIW, I assume that you believe that no F9 pilot want's to fly a 135-190. Therefore, your worst case scenario is basically status quo.

What is your pie in the sky scenario?

Best case/worst case scenarios are pointless. The SLI will be decided by arbitration and those results will be published in May(based on the agreed upon time table). Debating what is fair is subject to who you ask and what seems fair to that individual or pilot group.

Keep Frontier separate from Republic. If the pilots at Republic want to fly at Frontier they should start at the bottom of the F9 list, below the most junior F9 pilot. Frontier should also have a screening process to include a pilot board interview conducted by F9 Captains. This would help to ensure that Republic applicant meets Frontier's high standards.

Keep Frontier separate from Republic. If the pilots at Republic want to fly at Frontier they should start at the bottom of the F9 list, below the most junior F9 pilot. Frontier should also have a screening process to include a pilot board interview conducted by F9 Captains. This would help to ensure that Republic applicant meets Frontier's high standards.

I agree with this.

But, if F9 tanks. The pilots go down with the ship.

Best case/worst case scenarios are pointless. The SLI will be decided by arbitration and those results will be published in May(based on the agreed upon time table). Debating what is fair is subject to who you ask and what seems fair to that individual or pilot group.

That was exactly what I did, ask an individual what they thought. But thanks for chiming in.

My point is that the IBT, Lynx, and YX gents HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE, and EVERYTHING TO GAIN.

F9 is the only group bringing jobs to the equation. YX no longer has any aircraft and RAH is parking 35-50 seaters right and left.

F9 is the only group recalling pilots.

I could go on and on, but I am just amazed at some of the "wish lists" that I have read on this board.

RAH is only parking a few 50 seaters. RAH has a fleet almost 3 times the size of F9 but RAH is bringing nothing to the table?

it is interesting that it was claimed that F9 was the only one contributing anything to the RAH family. As mentioned above RAH fleet size far exceeds F9. RAH brings in guaranteed money from its Fee for Departure contracts providing lift for major partners. So I guess what I am trying to say is RAH brings the money to the company.

Everyone better learn to play nice at RAH, if one pilot group wants to burn the place down you will be taking everyone there down with you. RAH is trying unprecendented manuevering it could become really successful which in turn will allow negotiators to get more for their work group.....or people can be stubborn and burn the place down and cost seven thousand jobs.
Ego and pride are very important things but everyone must remember ego never paid the grocery bill and pride never supplied enough cash for a mortage.
Am I advocating concessions in any form hell no....am i advocating the groups get together and work on a sli quicky and fairly YES. More feet are dragged the more ground is lost...the more midwest pilots suffer not knowing their fate and the more unrest is spilled into public view that competitors will jump on.
Hell we all see how SWA is getting into a feeding frenzy just hoping to put another airline and its employees out on the street. I'm sure the southwest employees will deny this but historical evidence shows southwest will do all it can to put companys out of business and their employees on the street. A few examples the expansion into PHL when US was going under...Massive exspansion into DEN when F9 was forced into bankruptcy buy the credit card companies and last but not least plans to go into MKE when they knew Midwest was going under(pre RAH acquisition).

Good Luck to RAH. Lets see how their turn at making history turns out. Hope it turns out better than INDY air for all the people at RAH....this includes the RP/S5/RW/F9/YX people.

En Mort Main

RAH is only parking a few 50 seaters. RAH has a fleet almost 3 times the size of F9 but RAH is bringing nothing to the table?

Republic is bringing an absolute god-awful, terrible, industry-bottom contract to the table and a lot more pilots than the other airlines involved in the merger basically ensuring that the Republic contract will be the one that survives.

"Republic is bringing an absolute god-awful, terrible, industry-bottom contract" hockeypilot44
Please state facts that support this statement with comparisons.

"ensuring that the Republic contract will be the one that survives."hockeypilot44
Any proof or just conjecture?

Or are you the oracle of all things that will come? If so should you be wasting your time on this board?

En Mort Main

RAH is trying unprecendented manuevering it could become really successful which in turn will allow negotiators to get more for their work group.....

You do realize that what makes RAH successful, is their pathetic wages and work rules which is why their pimps select them as a fee for departure provider...right?
Your the cheapest....That's why you got the contract.
Why would they allow this to change? All they would have to offer you RAH folks is promises of upgrades and rapid growth, and you would gobbble it up hook line and sinker and YOU know it.

Good Luck to RAH. Lets see how their turn at making history turns out. Hope it turns out better than INDY air for all the people at RAH....
En Mort Main

Hopefully UAL SWA and DAL wakes up and puts this circus to rest.

Last edited:
Hopefully UAL SWA and DAL wakes up and puts this circus to rest.
Well the problem with that is you put alot of people on the street who flew T-37/T-38/C-141/B-767/757/737 DC-10,DC-9,C-141,C-17 AND who flew for legacys who are at frontier now. So when you make a statement like that it makes you look like an ***********************************.

Latest resources

Back