• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Loses Lawsuit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yet another reason I will be voting YES. Time after time I have seen pilots at Skywest who believe we are one big happy family with management (which is true about 90% of the time). It has been educational to watch those same pilots become true union believers when the management "witch hunt" begins. Watch yourselves cause nobody's got your back. "At will employee" takes on a whole new meaning. Just ask Don.

you can still f fizer

And I thought we had stupid crap going on at ASA!!!!

I thought ya'll were one big happy freaki'n family out there in the big saline pond!!! "Don't need no union and all that crap!!!!"

Thanks for making me feel better about the Union dues.

But on a serious note, I am glad dude got his job back. Stupid stunt, but he shouldn't be fired for it.

Most guys at Skywest couldn't handle the financial burden of seeing this through (over $100,000) and would have had to settle with a ruined career (at his age). Especially the new hires who make 19/hr. I say vote ALPA and take advantage of a fair process. I'm sure CFIT will be on soon with his intelligent anti-ALPA arguments like:

ALPA sucks!
Look at MESA! and so on...

How about if they garnishee TF's salary for awhile to pay back what it cost? As dead against unions as SkyWest is, whose head do you think will roll if this drive passes? Granted there isn't one single issue to vote for or against ALPA, but how many fence sitters or ones who were against will now vote YES because of this guy? I still think he was reassigned so that more pilots didn't get pissed off and decide to vote YES.

How about if they garnishee TF's salary for awhile to pay back what it cost? As dead against unions as SkyWest is, whose head do you think will roll if this drive passes? Granted there isn't one single issue to vote for or against ALPA, but how many fence sitters or ones who were against will now vote YES because of this guy? I still think he was reassigned so that more pilots didn't get pissed off and decide to vote YES.
Maybe someone would be kind enough to ask these questions during the next shareholder's meeting or the next conference call

Yet another reason I will be voting YES. Time after time I have seen pilots at Skywest who believe we are one big happy family with management (which is true about 90% of the time). It has been educational to watch those same pilots become true union believers when the management "witch hunt" begins. Watch yourselves cause nobody's got your back. "At will employee" takes on a whole new meaning. Just ask Don.

Been there and done that. Hope to get an ALPA t-shift now after some of the crap I've seen.

BS terminations are rare but as this case shows, it can happen to anyone for any reason.

Not to go into any details here but what do you think Viper? Think I'm a fence sitter after my brief incounter with the dark underbelly of our big happy family?! :)

Last edited:
BS terminations are rare but as this case shows, it can happen to anyone for any reason.

BS terminations are far from rare. What is rare is for the average line pilot to get anything close to what the facts are in a disciplinary event involving someone other than themselves.

Alpa

This stupidness never would have happened with ALPA around.
-Guaranteed.

-BTW-I will be voting for Chuck Norris in '08! Awesome!

Latest resources

Back