Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Loses Lawsuit

The Chief Pilot involved has since been removed from that post but is still employed and flys the line.

Yep, he is regularly the MOD and still has a terminal parking spot (doesn't have to ride the employee bus like the rest).

All this after the lawsuit. (not to mention numerous complaints to SGU during his tenure as CP).

What's to stop another one of these guys from getting into a position of authority and ruining careers. Luckily, the pilot who was wrongfully terminated had the resources to undertake the lawsuit.

People say we don't need ALPA? Maybe they think nothing will ever happen to them. I don't have 150K for a lawsuit if wrongfully terminated. I've got 2% though.

This situation alone should wake people up!

I hope you guys vote in ALPA!!! I was the biggest sceptical of ALPA when i was in SkyWest until the senior ground trainer started to pick on me/my name and my ethnicity. The shannagans kept going on in LGB with the sim trainer. My complaint to chief pilot was replied with 'you can either resign or this will be your 1st strike'..

SkyWest has got great pilots, great people on board, but if you are a bit ethnic in a certain way, you will be singled out..

Latest resources

Back