Skywest Loses Lawsuit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skypine69

Skywest lost a wrongful termination lawsuit this week. They have been ordered to reinstate the pilot with backpay and all attorneys fees.

How much do you think this will cost Skywest? I say at least 2 million, if you count in all the back pay, attorneys for both sides, court costs, pay for every one that testified, etc.

Also, should the chief pilot in question be fired and should his supervisor, the VP of Flt Ops be fired?

Last edited:
The court has already ruled on this. All he gets is his job back with senority, all back pay, reembursement of medical expenses he incurred since he didn't have insurance since his termination and reembursment of reasonable attorney fees. While it's a victory, and rightfully so; it's a bitter sweet one.

The Chief Pilot involved has since been removed from that post but is still employed and flys the line.

The chief pilot flys the line?
Wonder what happens to the other commerical hrs flown?
Don't most airlines have a policy about outside flying?
While I am uncertain any is taking place, it certainly WAS taking place recently, and commercial work..from what I read..like AC units onto rooftops?

Well, when you get your boss (the aformentioned VP flt ops) a helo rating the rules apply less to you than other pilots.

And no, SAPA can sit in on the meeting, but not offer advice or even speak.

Well, when you get your boss (the aformentioned VP flt ops) a helo rating the rules apply less to you than other pilots.

And no, SAPA can sit in on the meeting, but not offer advice or even speak.

Unless he takes to company's side....

Latest resources

Back