• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest=Forrest Gump

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
$1 B in bank sounds like job security. Not having money in the bank certainly did not do anything but lead to BK at many other airlines.

The difference is that Skywest is in a position to have both - job security (union) AND liquidity (money in the bank).

From Business school. "Unions are the result of bad managment" Toyota certainly understands this as they as continued to grow to dominate the US marketplace.

Southwest Airlines is the most heavily unionized airline. They seem to be almost as successful as Skywest.

I think its Ironic that you use the word Irony where it doesnt fit the definition. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony

Its ok, even Alanis Morrisette didnt get it right in her hit song: http://fgk.hanau.net/articles/ironic.html

Okay grammar cop. I defer to you. Please tell me what word I should have used to convey the fact that Skywest management wants to protect its own contractual rights yet are unsupported to pilots having their own contractual rights. Once I get your answer, I'll repost and correct my mistake. Thank you in advance for your response.

It cost RJDC far less than it cost ALPA....How much did it cost ALPA?

I have no idea. Should I? That is a JJ type question. Still... How much did it cost the RJDC?

A real pilot? ALPA's version is a "mainline" pilot.....if you aren't a mainline pilot you don't have a right to your job according to ALPA....

Wrong .....again!

If you are not a mainline pilot then you only have rights to your job via your CBA and your companies ASA.

You certainly don't have any rights to any or all portions of a mainline pilots job. Or do you?

I don't really care what has changed at ALPA

Well if you don't care, then why should anyone care about you?

....I don't think anything has changed there....I think we fought off any attempt to force a jetsforjobs screwjob down our throat....ALPA hasn't changed.....

So.. the change in the manual was insignificant to you. Of course.. cause this was really about you and your personal gain. The Classic mantra.. "What's in it for me!"

The dollar cost was high for ALPA...most of the RJDC work was done by volunteer pilots who had previous ALPA experience.....the cost was far higher of ALPA who had to pay lawyers to do the work.....

Of course you are proud to have put that financial burden on ALPA. In stead of ALPA lawyers fighting gov't or companies they had to battle tools like you.

That is exactly what we have now....We are a loose association of independent contractors all looking out for our own best interests.....I am looking out for my best interest....you sure as heck aren't going to look out for my best interest......

Correct on the structure. We need to get all the MEC's on the same page.

Actually, I am all for looking out for your interest. And mine as well... that is my intent when I volounteer union work. See Joe, the difference is.. you are a self serving tool. You did union work for you and when you couldn't serve your intrests you backed up your toys and left... and came back with a lawsuit...

Should my union exercise a bit of ethics when it negotiates against my interests? Do you think it was all right for Rick Dubinsky or Cress Bernard to sue ALPA? Cress sued for DFR and then voted against the ASA/CMR PID....talk about hypocricy....

There is no ethics in your precious ALPA.......

But you have ethics. You can't control others Joe... but you can control you. How are your ethics?

Actually ALPA tries to limit it the most......so according you I should fight ALPA....Who wants to limit the size of my aircraft? Who wants to limit the number of aircraft I fly? Who wants to limit the stage length of the aircraft I fly? It isn't the govt.....it isn't my company.....it is my union......

You sound like a indepedent FedEx truck driver!!

And if you want these limits changed to your benefit... how does that happen. Where does the "slice of the pie" come from? (I bet you'll dodge this answer)

Just an observation...

I've worked for SkyWest for a long time . I've been a lurker here for a long time. I feel secure and happy working here. I read everything here writen by ASA pilots and I talk to SKYW pilots everyday. Do you ASA guys realize how immature and out of this world you guys really sound? Do you realize how imortant it is to work for a company that makes it possible to go to sleep at night knowing your wife and daughter have a home and life to look forward to, all because you work for a great company? Yes, we all would like a raise, we deserve a damn raise...but in the end..we all need a place to know we're all gonna have a job tomorrow, no?

Purple Member,
I agree that SkyWest has a brilliant management team BUT if I were you I would be a little nervous considering the number of thirsty 200s you've got on the balance sheet. Another round of bankruptcy may not be so SkyWest friendly. I still don't understand why SkyWest hasn't pursued a large turbo prop (Q400). Sweet dreams!

Okay grammar cop. I defer to you. Please tell me what word I should have used to convey the fact that Skywest management wants to protect its own contractual rights yet are unsupported to pilots having their own contractual rights. Once I get your answer, I'll repost and correct my mistake. Thank you in advance for your response.

Smart Business! ;)

The fact the Morrisette's song Ironic is actually about coincidences and not irony is in fact what makes the song ironic.

The fact the Morrisette's song Ironic is actually about coincidences and not irony is in fact what makes the song ironic.

True, but how many people would sing along with, "isnt it coincidence, dont ya think" ?

Wait, Thats the word there for ya, NEVETS; Coincidence!!!!

Latest resources

Back