• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest=Forrest Gump

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I have any problem I call my cheif directly and the problem goes away. No BS, no grieving. Immediate results.

That is real cute..... I can do that at my ALPA carrier too.... And I get good results 90% of the time..

Now... what happens when your chief closes the door behind you and doesn't support you. What happens now?

At my ALPA carrier, I have an agreed upon and legal right to file a grievence. The ability to address greivences is a fundamental worker right. In fact it is why MLK jr was in MEM when he was killed. He was supporting the sanitation workers right to have thier greivances addressed.

So... what happens when you disagree with your "chief"

You know Rez, for someone who doesn't work for SkyWest you sure seem to know all about what is best for SkyWest pilots. Don't you find it interesting that the majority of the threads on here about quality of life and management screwing people are are union represented carriers like Pinnicle and Mesaba? I'm not blaming ALPA, but ALPA doesn't seem to be making things any better at these carriers with as much pissing and moaning that is on these boards.

Don't you find it interesting that the majority of the threads on here about quality of life and management screwing people are are union represented carriers like Pinnicle and Mesaba?

I don't think managements like the fact that unionized pilot group A stands up for itself and is not willing to blindly do what it [management] tells them to do like ole Forest Gump[a certain koolaid drinking airline].

I would guess that spite is about 50% of the problem.

You know Rez, for someone who doesn't work for SkyWest you sure seem to know all about what is best for SkyWest pilots.

It appears that by dodging the question... when your "chief" tells you to jump and be his biotch... you jump. Nothing like your "chief" being the real Pilot in Command of your aircraft... I mean, what do you do when you puff your chest if nfront of the your FO and call BS only to sheepishly climb back into the jet and say... "I guess we're going".

But that is what appears... I'd like for you to tell me how it really is....

Don't you find it interesting that the majority of the threads on here about quality of life and management screwing people are are union represented carriers like Pinnicle and Mesaba?

Ahhh the unquantifiable.... Skywest just doing enough to keep things ok, so unions stay off the property.

Would it surprise you that Jerry has full time consultants and staff that tells him howfar he can push you. They have their finger on the pilots and know when you will bend and break...

I'm not blaming ALPA, but ALPA doesn't seem to be making things any better at these carriers with as much pissing and moaning that is on these boards.

Many of the professional characterstics that many ALPA pilots and OO pilots enjoy and have no concept of where born of ALPA....

If you want a list... I'll be happy to provide it. We've gone over this over and over... when know what the OO pilots are....

Care to elaborate on that open door culture...

Could be better?

Ahhh the unquantifiable.... Skywest just doing enough to keep things ok, so unions stay off the property....
The pilots might have more leverage because management wants to keep a union out, so it goes beyond what could be granted in a contract in order to maintain peace in the employees ranks. It has worked at other places

The pilots might have more leverage because management wants to keep a union out,

OO pilots...... leverage??? hardly..... they take whatever is given..... and call it grand

so it goes beyond what could be granted in a contract in order to maintain peace in the employees ranks. It has worked at other places

All based on the relativity of unions....

Skywest just doing enough to keep things ok, so unions stay off the property.
I don't claim to know the in's and out's of each individual pilot group's situation, SkyWest pilots included. However, to the educated, semi-outside observer, it would almost seem like "doing just enough to keep things OK" is working better than the "Us vs. Them" mentality that exists at many carriers. That is what is going to keep SkyWest alive as others falter.

I'm know there are many gripes amongst the pilots here...obviously there are enough to warrant a group of great pilots and great people to put together a drive for ALPA representation. However, I believe the majority here will agree that, at pretty much all levels of employment at SKW, the culture is different here (I came from another carrier and am much happier here than I ever was before, as are the friends in other employee groups that followed me here).

If the majority feel that culture fits what they want at this point in their careers, why continuously hammer them for being OK with that? If things blow up in their face because of the lack of representation, then you will have your chance to tell them, "I told you so". But, the continuous bagging on and putting down of SkyWest pilots for opting to roll with what they have isn't likely helping your cause in future organizing drives.

You know Rez, for someone who doesn't work for SkyWest you sure seem to know all about what is best for SkyWest pilots. Don't you find it interesting that the majority of the threads on here about quality of life and management screwing people are are union represented carriers like Pinnicle and Mesaba? I'm not blaming ALPA, but ALPA doesn't seem to be making things any better at these carriers with as much pissing and moaning that is on these boards.

Don't forget Rez's sidekick PCL_128 who said he would rather work for Mesa than Skywest....I bet Rez agrees with him....

ALPA is their cult and they would rather work for JO with ALPA than for Jerry without ALPA...Says a lot about the ALPA mentality.....

I don't claim to know the in's and out's of each individual pilot group's situation, SkyWest pilots included. However, to the educated, semi-outside observer, it would almost seem like "doing just enough to keep things OK" is working better than the "Us vs. Them" mentality that exists at many carriers. That is what is going to keep SkyWest alive as others falter.

I'm know there are many gripes amongst the pilots here...obviously there are enough to warrant a group of great pilots and great people to put together a drive for ALPA representation. However, I believe the majority here will agree that, at pretty much all levels of employment at SKW, the culture is different here (I came from another carrier and am much happier here than I ever was before, as are the friends in other employee groups that followed me here).

If the majority feel that culture fits what they want at this point in their careers, why continuously hammer them for being OK with that? If things blow up in their face because of the lack of representation, then you will have your chance to tell them, "I told you so". But, the continuous bagging on and putting down of SkyWest pilots for opting to roll with what they have isn't likely helping your cause in future organizing drives.

You are missing the point... as most OO pilots...

Look... the OO pilots are gaining the benefit of the gov't and safety work of ALPA. Every ALPA pilot pays dues and contributes to this. some do more and give to the PAC and many more volunteer thier free time.

What do the OO pilots do except take and take and take. They give nothing to this profession.

IF they do...lets hear it!

Don't forget Rez's sidekick PCL_128 who said he would rather work for Mesa than Skywest....I bet Rez agrees with him....

You are trying to attempt to know what I think?

ALPA is their cult and they would rather work for JO with ALPA than for Jerry without ALPA...Says a lot about the ALPA mentality.....

The ALPA cult Joe?

Let's see you ran for ALPA council S/T and won. You were an ALPA Officer. Gee.... sounds like you like the cult pretty well.

Then as an ALPA Officer you couldn't even stick to basic responsbilities like attending meetings and meeting minutes. Gee Joe... you signed up to the cult and couldn't even do the basics...

Then when the 2002(?) BOD was held... you were uninvited to attend. You pissed off so many people, that even though you were a Officer of the Cult.. you were told to stay home...

Sounds like someone is pissed they didn't picked to play basketball...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back