• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest bid for USAirways 900 flying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What an ignorant post, seeing as how over 1200 of the 2300 have been here for less than 4 years. Mostly lifers? Loser.

007 said:
I think the reason a lot of guys at Skywest don't care is that they are mostly lifers there, with no intentions to go anywhere. So, in order to move up, the only thing to do is to undercut the majors. They all know this deep down somewhere.....but don't seem to worry about it too much. I think it's a great company, but if you guys don't wake up, you'll be flying a 737 for the 100-150 seat rate.

P.s. don't start with the argument that the majors pay the same for all the 737's, it's based on the biggest 73 they have not the smallest.

I think what was meant is, what is their motivation to leave, and as more and more stay so will the payroll increases to a very large sum, and United will only pay so much for the flying.

sflax said:
When did the Majors starting hiring, did I miss that post. So is Mesa, Comair, ASA, and all the other ones are losing about the same. So these guys are willing to move over seas, that sounds good for about 1% of us.
Continental 60/month, Southwest

and the nationals:

Jetblue, Frontier, Airtran... Places are hiring.

Oh... and UPS, FedEx....

Next time we will put a cover letter on the memo, sooooo about those TPS reports.

Rogue5 said:
I am amazed that you have such insight into the career aspirations of over 2300 pilots.

I said a lot and mostly, never did I say ALL 2300.

Rogue5 said:
upgrade in a year or two, get treated fairly well while here and then are prepared and qualified to move on when the opportunity presents itself.

while replacing the very same mainline jobs they are aspiring too. How much do you get for that MD-80 with winglets and 76 seats?

front9 said:
You're right, we should be flying the 737 for the 250 - 400 seat rate. What we're we thinking?

You say that like it's a good rate!

Skaff said:

How quick and argumentative.

av8tor02 said:
I've got your "Deet de dee"

And I got your's, good times never last forever.

Hey, I've got an "analogy" for you:

Everyday at ASA in the summer, there is at least 1 CRJ with a deferred APU. Many captains will refuse to fly it, citing passenger comfort/safety. So, it gets passed around from crew to crew until finally someone takes it.

If we ALL refused to fly it, maybe the company would strive to fix it ASAP. But instead, there is always some new upgrade/reserve captain who doesn't want to get into trouble who will take it. The end result is that MGMT thinks the rest of us are whining too much and hey, screw the pax anyway! End result is APU does not get fixed.

The captain who takes the A/C is not doing us/himself/pax ANY favors. But I guess by your definition he is "winning"

I love how guys who work for regionals who undercut all say "hey, it's the free market" "It's a new world" "I don't need the money" "don't hate the playa, hate the game" "I'm going to GET MINE and move up to Cathay Pacific so $crew you"

If all the regionals......ALL! refused to fly 90 seat A/c for substandard rates, then the rates would magically go up. But there's always some d0uchbag who will. I guess we know who they are.

Rant over. I just can't stand to hear this AGAIN!!!

COOPERVANE said:
Hey, I've got an "analogy" for you:

Everyday at ASA in the summer, there is at least 1 CRJ with a deferred APU. Many captains will refuse to fly it, citing passenger comfort/safety. So, it gets passed around from crew to crew until finally someone takes it.

If we ALL refused to fly it, maybe the company would strive to fix it ASAP. But instead, there is always some new upgrade/reserve captain who doesn't want to get into trouble who will take it. The end result is that MGMT thinks the rest of us are whining too much and hey, screw the pax anyway! End result is APU does not get fixed.

The captain who takes the A/C is not doing us/himself/pax ANY favors. But I guess by your definition he is "winning"
I love how guys who work for regionals who undercut all say "hey, it's the free market" "It's a new world" "I don't need the money" "don't hate the playa, hate the game" "I'm going to GET MINE and move up to Cathay Pacific so $crew you"

If all the regionals......ALL! refused to fly 90 seat A/c for substandard rates, then the rates would magically go up. But there's always some d0uchbag who will. I guess we know who they are.

Rant over. I just can't stand to hear this AGAIN!!!

AMEN BROTHER!!!!
PSA SAID NO if we all do lets see what happens, MGMT is already talking!
Come on guys lets work together and maybe my wife and kids can eat real fool. Thanks for listening! PEACE!!!!

SkyNation said:
I've said before and repeat, I would hope that things work out for everyone, they live where they want, make a respectable amount of $, and their jobs are intact for as long as they would like them to be. I guess in some sort of fantasy world, that could be the case. the harsh reality is that we ARE each others competition, and those who can't compete will perish. it's business, plain and simple.

I understand precedence as a factor. I want to make more to fly the variants of the RJ, like anyone would. I also place a lot of value on maintaining our current flying, attracting new flying, and continuing to make at or above what I hear others that are comparably employed at other regionals make.

I post stuff that I believe to be the case, knowing it will incite the types of responses above. At the end of the day, however, it comes down to who delivers the best overall package, and for me, it is SkyWest. I'd probably feel different if I was from the East coast, despised the regionals, etc. To each his own.

Bluto, if we voted in ALPA, got paid more but started to continually lose flying, downsize our current fleet, and wither, are you suggesting that we would be better off? Of course no one knows if that would happen, but what does history show us? For me, it shows that SkyWest does things a little different, and as a result I make more, feel more secure about my future here . My family, lifestyle, QOL etc. will always trump antiquated notions of somehow 'owing it' to my fellow competitors.

anyway, back to the bitchfest. I need to go cash my Bonus checks anyway.

:rolleyes:Man, I hope that you feel good about yourself because listening to you "CRAP Kool-Aid" makes me want to :puke:! Everytime I meet a cool Skywst pilot, you go and make ALL Skywst pilots seem like idiots! Bluto, I like the way you think! You Sir are a class act!

I don't think SkyMoron is representative of anyone but himself.
If you guys would quit quoting him in your posts I wouldn't have to read his drivel.
Maybe try ignoring him and see if he'll go away.
Someday he'll get over SJS.

Latest resources

Back