• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest bid for USAirways 900 flying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The industry was great, management tore it down....could have said that about the airlines in the 1940s, 1960s, or 1980s...it's cyclical. For those who think the times we are experiencing are new, wake up. The only new thing about it is the medium in which others profess to know everything that cures all maladies--the internet. Used to be word of mouth and paper, now it's electronic. Different times, different faces, same issues.

SkyNation said:
Again, that is their job. I'll continue to do mine, which I'm happy with, optimistic about, and proud of. To suggest I'm getting screwed somehow just doesn't hold water. If you preach how bad we have it at SkyWest, all I have to do is consider my QOL, pay, and the future of this company. It all tells a very different story.

SkyNation

You are not alone in your sentiments about Skywest and how each airline
needs to look out for their own best interest. You truly do represent most pilots at Skywest and I would bet most other Regionals as well. Unfortunatly on this board you will find lots of union zealots who only know how to attack personally in face of cold and coherent logic. The loss is really thiers as it limits good discussion. I would hate to see anything get in the way of what I consider a good thing for the employees of Skywest. That has worked in the past and I believe it will continue to work in the future.

theo said:
SkyNation

You are not alone in your sentiments about Skywest and how each airline
needs to look out for their own best interest. You truly do represent most pilots at Skywest and I would bet most other Regionals as well. Unfortunatly on this board you will find lots of union zealots who only know how to attack personally in face of cold and coherent logic. The loss is really thiers as it limits good discussion. I would hate to see anything get in the way of what I consider a good thing for the employees of Skywest. That has worked in the past and I believe it will continue to work in the future.

Hence the statement "Ignorance is bliss"!!!!!!!

;)Well skynation yes, you have people coming from other ALPA carriers. The REAL reason is to push Skywst into UNION Representation with a qualifying vote! :laugh:We can only hope! Most likely the ONLY reason they are coming to your company is that their companies are closing bases and their QOL is about to take a HIT! I can say that this is EXACTLY why ANY of the ASA pilots are going over...so they don't have to leave SLC, NOT because Skywst is The Best!:rolleyes: You can THINK "how wonderful" your company is, but you also better realize what a HUGE WART they are on the industry for this "one payrate" on all aircraft. Sure, JA is happy with you....he is making MILLIONS upon MILLIONS on your backs. You have ZERO say in what happens over there and he know's it! Gr82's statement is exactly right...."Ignorance is Bliss!" You might want to do a little research about how Frank Larenzo "Killed" the union employee's at Eastern and what happened? He was BANNED for life! JA is trying to BEAT the UNIONS! NOT A GOOD THING!!!

theo,

thanks, my thoughts (and experience) as well.

Tomct,

still angry and flaming away I see. let me ask you this-are you glad that ASA will not be in the bidding war for the DCI flying? since SkyWest bought you and locked in your flying, you will be spared the angst of other carriers, like Comair, who will be up against it. good thing SkyWest bought you and had the foresight to lock in your flying, eh? once again it looks like the evil you portray as JA really does have some sense.

2nd question-is it possible for any airline to be worthwhile in your eyes if it doesn't have a union? if so, how would that airline be? would it lead the industry? would it's pilots make more than their union counterparts? would it be poised for growth? stable? I'd love to hear a well thought out response, minus all the !!!!!!********ALL CAPS*!*!*!*!*! and cheesey smileys

:rolleyes:Once again nation you are NOT hearing the tone of this post. I will try and talk S l o w l y so that you understand.

The reason skywst bought ASA is because we make a SHIZZLE load of money. What, we doubled skywst's bottom line? Don't give me this "saved you crap" when JA knew he was getting us for a STEAL! If Delta were not in BK, they would NEVER have sold us! We make too much money for them, however, at the time, they needed more cash up front rather than long term for the time being! ASA never had to worry about the bidding war because we are already the cheapest! That was never a concern. The only reason that they are doing what they're doing, is because we are in negotiations. (which by the way, you should be our biggest cheerleader do to the fact that we will be the ones responsible for your payraise....NOT JA) The only reason that he will give you what we have is to keep the union off the property! If you want an "inhouse" union, then get REAL people in there...not a bunch of mgmnt puppets. Does you NO GOOD!
SWA has a great inhouse union, but their pilots make a lot more than any of us would ever make and you would have a tough time drumming up enough money to get you guys going. You think what I give ALPA is a lot....you would most likely have to give three to four times that amount just to get it going. Do some research and let us know the startup cost....bet ALPA is cheaper! Good Luck;)

sflax said:
Skywest can not bid on the 900's, the Delta contract does not allow them to. Unless Delta removed the scoop clause, skywest is out.
Isn't the United scope also limiting?

I wish an airline management would grow a pair and when United, or Delta, try to enforce provisions of their contract which restricts other airlines code the regional stands up to their bullying on anti trust grounds.

This is like Microsoft saying Dell can't sell computers with McAffee virus protection. It is clearly anticompetitive and illegal if someone would stand up and fight it.

PSA voting no may be a tiny step in the right direction, but there needs to be a lot more done. Skywest and Mesa bidding for the 900 flying may be a possibility until JO went and said it. That alone should discount any truth to that rumour.[/quote]

I thought that LCC was getting rid of Mesa? If Mesa is that bad why would they give them new business? LCC is not hurting financially right now. Could the rumors of Mesa being dead to LCC be wrong? Na...cant't be, it was on flightinfo.com.

Latest resources

Back