Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJDog

Supadawg!!!
I just heard from our DO that Skywest and Mesa have bid for the 900's that PSA has shot down. Any of you Skywest or Mesa boys and girls hear this?

Is that the same guy who told you that PSA would be out of business by the wednesday following the 900 TA vote, if it got shot down?
Or the same guy who came into a new hire class after bankruptcy number two and told them that not everyone in the room was getting furloughed, and then gave furlough notices to everyone in the room? (while laughing about his mistake).
Or perhaps it's the DO that told my recurrent class that he had bought a house in CLT which meant that we could take it for granted that PSA HQ would be relocating to CLT by the end of the year along with the whole training department (this was last year)??

CRJDog said:
I just heard from our DO that Skywest and Mesa have bid for the 900's that PSA has shot down. Any of you Skywest or Mesa boys and girls hear this?

So? What do you expect? Air Wis, PSA and PDT show a pair during all this and we knew this would be the outcome. I can live with that.

great they can have them. it wouldnt have made things any better here anyways. i couldnt care less if they dont come here.

CRJDog said:

Maybe the DO is "Looking in to it"

Well Guys and Girls are we going to Try and fix the industry a little at a time or are we going to bendover and take it. I say we need better pay to fly 88 seat CRJ 900's for airways. Lets tell managment and all the airlines we are not going to take it anymore.

If you dont have respectable pay for flying that many seats (which mainline should be flying instead) TURN it down. Follow the example of PSA.

LandRoverNut said:
Well Guys and Girls are we going to Try and fix the industry a little at a time or are we going to bendover and take it. I say we need better pay to fly 88 seat CRJ 900's for airways. Lets tell managment and all the airlines we are not going to take it anymore.

Then SKYW will come in and do it for 50-seat rates and the "management" could care less about PSA telling them no. To fix the regional industry, you first need to fix SKYW. You can thank them for the crappy 90-seat proposal to begin with.

The regionals are never going to be "fixed" at the regional level without some serious help and foresight from ALPA national. We all know there is a better chance of getting decent employees at PHL than there is of this happening. Therefore, not only do things never change, but we continue to move backwards.

PSA voting no may be a tiny step in the right direction, but there needs to be a lot more done. Skywest and Mesa bidding for the 900 flying may be a possibility until JO went and said it. That alone should discount any truth to that rumour.

My $6,000 Dollars a year in profit sharing at SKYW makes us the best payed regional out there. What kind of profit sharing do you get? We are in pay talks for the 700/900.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back