Skywest and ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It'll Fly said:
Hold it tight there! Willy21 are you serious? If in the end SKYW pilots make more or the QOL (per Bluto's CPM) is better, what has your union been doing for you? (There is absolutely no Sarcasm Intended in this post!)quote]

We have a legal document that can be grieved if not followed. (grievances are another long thread) Some other things ALPA has is a legal department to keep you job if the company wants to fire you and doctors to help you get you back on the line if somethings happens to you physically. ALPA is more than just a way to get a contract.

ALPA, more to it than a contract

I have to agree with Willy21. ALPA helped me with a medical issue. I had a devestating injury during OIF. After surgery and rehab, ALPA helped me step by step with my FAA class 1. I really never took advantage of ALPA services until then.

XJET ALPA helped me out quite a bit when I got furloughed. It's like insurance, you need it for the things you don't expect.

I like the way Bluto put it, Alpa is an insurance policy. It might not be the best out there, but right now it is all we at ASA have.

Willy21 said:
ASA has nothing like that in our contract at this time. Skywest might not have the 70 seat rate that ASA does, but I think I would take you work rules over ours anyday. In the end I think you would see that a Skywest pilot makes more than an ASA pilot.

Go ahead and take the work rules. I bet the guys below you would like to move up one number. And by the way their work rules, as good as they may be, can change at any time.

I'm just waiting for ALPA to get to Skywest.

Then everything will just be perfect.......

Right?

ALPA is definately like an insurance policy. I have several policies that I pay a monthly premium for that would take care of me for a bit if something were to happen. Not to mention, who at SKW is going to standup for you when ATC or the Feds are trying to violate you for something??? I know our Mgt. would never go the extra mile like an ALPA Rep. would do. Just some food for thought.

FORMER DFW CR7 FO

:cool:Amen to that FL410! Some of the Kool-Aid drinkers at Skywest better wake up and realize that this is a pretty important time to get some representation. Without it, you will do whatever your mgmnt tells you! Not a good position to be in, in this day and age!

Merge the lists?

IFlyFL410 said:
Let the Whippsawing begin!!! (at least between us and SKW now and not COM!)

You think if we at skyW can unionize and then merge seniorty with ASA we can avoid some Whipper wank sawing???

Latest resources

Back