• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest ALPA OC petitions NMB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CoAlpha: Have you been at SkyWest less than a year?

Yes I have been here over a year, and yea I am voting FOR ALPA. I just dont want people to think that alpa is the end all, best thing in the world, because it is not. Its better than sapa though.

Yes I have been here over a year, and yea I am voting FOR ALPA. I just dont want people to think that alpa is the end all, best thing in the world, because it is not. Its better than sapa though.

So why are you so negative. Go with ALPA. Support them on the property. Remember. A Union is only as strong as it's pilots.

Stand as one. Or fail as individuals.

Except that one. You know who I'm talkin about.;)

Giggity Giggity GOOOOO. Oh yeah. The good ones never last.

To Skywest pilots. You will only succeed if you stick together! That goes for all of us actually. We ALL need to stick together.

Good luck on the ALPA vote! Hopefully we can start working TOGETHER rather than AGAINST each other to better our airline and our profession.

Regarding the upgrades- it is Jerry's job to ensure that the company is competative, not yours as a pilot. The upgrades may slow, but they aren't going to be affected that much anyways. Look at ASA for the perfect example. We haven't grown in a while, but our upgrades are coming quickly and the time is falling fast.

What it really comes to is holding the line, working together, and not competing for growth- pilot vs. pilot. ALPA isn't perfect, but it's definately better than not having any representation at all. Contrary to Mr. Atkin, SkyWest ALPA will not cause the world to come to an end. Jerry will still have an airline to run.

A large portion of the cards were going to expire next month, last tally I heard was only 55% of the cards. It was literally now or never.

I predict about 35% will vote for ALPA. 35% will be sure not to vote for it and the remaining 30% won't even know there is a vote going on. (which will also count as a no vote) I wonder what the record is for the number of times a pilot group has petitioned the NMB and then voted it down. SkyWest has to be in the running for that one.

I used to think that it would be another no vote, but the fiasco with MN vs JB and ME, plus ME declaring himself the real head of SAPA opened a lot of eyes. The lopsided vote for SAPA president seems to be a good indication of how people feel

I simply tell my F.O.'s to form their own opinion. I also urge them to educate theirselves and don't buy rhetoric from either side. At least then they have researched it themselves and can make their own "informed" choice. Personally I think the SAPA fiasco opened the door and held it as well as any NYC Doorman while smiling and welcoming ALPA in :)

All the Skywest Fo's I know come from flight schools as CFI's

of all the SkyWest FOs that I KNOW, (and I work here), that don't support the ALPA drive, the huge majority came from ALPA represented regionals.

that speaks volumes, and my voice is one of them.

ASA has been negotiating for 5 YEARS, and in the end will probably get a lesser version of what we already have.

yeah, let's sign up for that, be stuck with it for years, then go through all that pain ourselves.

usual bashers, pile on. discounting so broadly those of us who actually have experience with ALPA at the regional level is a poor argument.

haters, start your engines!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back