Skywest ALPA OC petitions NMB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skypine69

Just got an email that the OC is petitioning the NMB today for a representation vote. Please vote for ALPA. Thanks.

It would have been nice to see ALPA gain a victory over Skywest management for ASA pilots before they petitioned. I think they will have a very tough sell right now.

It's not going to happen. We have too many new guys that don't want to screw up their quick upgrade here. Don't rock the boat, if you know what I mean. Needless to say I don't have much hope.

It's not going to happen. We have too many new guys that don't want to screw up their quick upgrade here. Don't rock the boat, if you know what I mean. Needless to say I don't have much hope.

What does ALPA have to do with a quick upgrade?

It's about freaking time. Let's settle this finally...

Very little...despite what some folks might think.

From speaking to many of my junior f.o.'s they know that right now things are good at SkyWest. They're afraid that if we bring ALPA on board then all of a sudden growth will stop, upgrades will slow down, dogs and cats living together, the end of all mankind as we know it. ALPA is Satan himself and they will be stuck at SkyWest the rest of their life.

I KNOW that ALPA has nothing to do with upgrades. Unfortunately some of these individuals don't know how to keep an open mind. I have tried speaking with them, but they seem to know everything. Oh well.

Latest resources

Back