• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest ALPA OC petitions NMB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From speaking to many of my junior f.o.'s they know that right now things are good at SkyWest. They're afraid that if we bring ALPA on board then all of a sudden growth will stop, upgrades will slow down, dogs and cats living together, the end of all mankind as we know it. ALPA is Satan himself and they will be stuck at SkyWest the rest of their life.

I KNOW that ALPA has nothing to do with upgrades. Unfortunately some of these individuals don't know how to keep an open mind. I have tried speaking with them, but they seem to know everything. Oh well.

New hire f.o.'s that know everything already...I've never heard of such a thing! Sadly, I've run into many of the same, and they seem to be anti-ALPA brainwashed as part of their basic indoc(or maybe it's just a hiring requirement)?!!

From speaking to many of my junior f.o.'s they know that right now things are good at SkyWest. They're afraid that if we bring ALPA on board then all of a sudden growth will stop, upgrades will slow down, dogs and cats living together, the end of all mankind as we know it. ALPA is Satan himself and they will be stuck at SkyWest the rest of their life.

I KNOW that ALPA has nothing to do with upgrades. Unfortunately some of these individuals don't know how to keep an open mind. I have tried speaking with them, but they seem to know everything. Oh well.

Keep up the postive thinking. We ran into that at Colgan. These FO's that think they will be at Colgan for a few years and then move on. It always dosen't work like that.

You need to think "what hould happen if I was stuck here for a long while?" You want a contract and work rules. You want to be part of a 60000 plus strong Pilot Union.

Keep educating your fellow pilots. Colgan ALPA voting ends tomorrow.

New hire f.o.'s that know everything already...I've never heard of such a thing! Sadly, I've run into many of the same, and they seem to be anti-ALPA brainwashed as part of their basic indoc(or maybe it's just a hiring requirement)?!!

Also they are part of the gimmie generation.

Don't want to work to make things better either.

dont compare colgan fos to skywest fos. most skw fos come from other ALPA carriers, and know more about the alpa experience than the OC does.

All of my friends who are SKW FOs came from the flight schools where they instructed at, and five of the six are going to vote yes if it ever comes to a vote.

Latest resources

Back