• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest ALPA OC petitions NMB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll add one more. Skywest is self-insured, which means that UHC, and IHC are merely plan administrators. They pay out what Skywest directs them to. While the company continues to make record profits, insurance premiums have gone up, while coverage declines.

Finally someone else gets it! The company has very deliberately reached into its employees pockets and redirected those funds to corporate coffers.

Yes I have been here over a year, and yea I am voting FOR ALPA. I just dont want people to think that alpa is the end all, best thing in the world, because it is not. Its better than sapa though.

ALPA is as good as the pilots YOU ELECT!

ALPA is as good as the pilots YOU ELECT!

You are exactly right!!!. If you don't like the way your elected leaders are running things get rid of them and run yourself. Don't complain. Do something!!!!

Skywest has a great way to bid vacation so you can max. your days off !! Yeah that is right you get your 7 days off and that is IT! !!!

ASA we get like uuummmhhh10-15 days off with just one week of vacation...

Enjoy your extra 2 -3 weeks at work a year more than us....Thanks ALPA

ALPA for AWESOME LIFE, Loss of License, Short term disability, Insurance and all at GREAT RATES !!!!

I'd actually be curious to know what you believe ALPA's failures at regional carriers are...

I don't have a list. I could come up with one, just like this dude did in his rant against SAPA. I could add all sorts of complaints, borrowing from the endless posts on this board. In the end it would be just as pointless unless you consider the overall picture, the results, the state the individual companies find themselves in.

The point that I make is that there are 'icky' things that happen everywhere. ALPA, SAPA, the Girl Scouts or whoever represents you isn't necessarily the cause of them,nor can they necessarily prevent them.

Times change, companies change, the market changes. I get tired of all the whiners who blame it all on SAPA.

Yep. That's why you see all the pilots at Skywest rushing out the door to apply at ASA, right? No. Wait. They're rushing out the door at ASA to apply at Skywest. I'm so confused. I guess those pilots from ASA who are now flying for Skywest are confused too. They must have come over to Skywest so they could vote to join ALPA again. Right. I understand.

i worked at asa for 13 months and then came here a year ago. alpa had absolutely nothing to do with me leaving there. i will say that when i got here i thought maybe the whole non union thing might be pretty good. after all skywest seemed like it really had alot going on for itself. but i am an open minded person and after talking to captains that have been here 5,6, 7 years +, things aren't as 'perfect' as they first seem, i guess particularly to the new hires. it seems management has taken away things, or backed out of promises, just a little at a time over a period of time. so that one thing doesnt seem so bad. but when you add it all up, like the list someone posted, you realize it is sliding downhill. but because of the way it is done, the newer people (which there are tons of) don't see it or know about it, and the more senior ones who were subject to it at the time, have gone off to other jobs. so, like many others, i don't think alpa is the be all end all greatest thing to ever happen to an airline, but it is a start to trying to remedy things.

Hey SkyNation-

You talk of Comair, ASA, Pinnacle, and many of the other airlines out there and how ALPA has shaped their corporate culture. I would have to argue that it is the company leadership that sets it's tone. This point is only proven by Southwest. They are union. I suppose this doesn't suit your argument, and therefor will be ignored. The extent of your argument against ALPA is a shallow one at best, and you are only trying to serve your own personal agenda with this- at the expense of many ( ASA pilots).

Hopefully when the union drive gets spooled up, there will be some initiative to pull together. Reps need to actively persue voters with a laptop in operations. And a published list, much like what was posted here earlier, ought to be printed out and set beside the computer for voters to see.

There is room for ASA and SkyWest to grow. Do you honestly think SkyWest will shrink if you go ALPA. It's not YOUR responsibility to shoulder a "competative" business plan.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back