• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Alpa. It's not just about the contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You making the point for everyone at Skywest who does not want ALPA. All ALPA supporters at Skywest argue that QOL has gone down the past 5 or 6 years. You state the reasons for that clearly above. This is the last company that needs ALPA! As for all the ASA people that get on here begging for us to vote in ALPA... Stop. Thinking that if Skywest votes in ALPA will end your misery at your ALPA run Regional is nonsense. Even if they merge the list it will not happen any time soon. Also, if the merger happens ALPA will end up screwing you guys and sticking you all on the bottom.

Let me add ignorant to the above comments about you being "ill-informed". Nobody is "begging" you to join an union. And it's not to "end our misery", it's to prevent yours to come. You may have it good now, but just wait until the next economic downturn.

And if you think keeping the union out will gain you a windfall in the event of a merger... you had better do some research and re-evaluate your position. You will be surprised. It will be some form of a DOH merger. Our average captain has 10+ years with the company. Unless I'm mistaken, you're significantly less senior as a pilot group.

ALPA= Amercian values... democracy, greivance system, representation, rights, voting, self-governence, free speech, right to assemble, free will.

Skywest Pilots= citizens of dicatatorship or communist state. (got CVR/FDR protection? SKYW management can listen to your CVR anytime they want.. only when an accident occurs must they give the tapes up..[thus one subjective slip up on sterile cockpit and you can be disciplined]) The only ability Skywest pilots have over communist citizens is they are free to leave anytime they want. That is how they improve thier situation. They Quit. They can't make the place better than they found it. They can't help other pilot groups with better payrates. They don't have a professional code of ethics. They are at will employees subject to the rules of their master.

SkyWest didn't furlough during 9/11. The company has been in a steady state of growth & profit. CVR recordings? Ooo... I'm shakin' in my boots!

Hey Jim, how much is ALPA paying you? Are you on the organizing comittee that stands to get some cash? They seem to be the only ones at SkyWest that want the union.

ALPA = For idiots. Lose money. Have someone to cry to. Lazy welfare liberals. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm sure you'll be voting for Hillary, hippies!

Are you on the organizing comittee that stands to get some cash?

None of the guys on the OC stand to get any cash, you twit.

ALPA = For idiots. Lose money. Have someone to cry to. Lazy welfare liberals. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Actually, your statement once again shows lack of depth in subject knowledge.

ALPA membership is made up of a very large number of conservatives, maybe not Republicans, but conservatives non the less.

Your a lost cause and its not you the ALPA supporters are trying to convince, but the fence sitters who choose to sit back and read this debate.

Medeco

SkyWest didn't furlough during 9/11. The company has been in a steady state of growth & profit. CVR recordings? Ooo... I'm shakin' in my boots!

Hey Jim, how much is ALPA paying you? Are you on the organizing comittee that stands to get some cash? They seem to be the only ones at SkyWest that want the union.

Your ability to discuss the issues is whittling down to amatuer hour....

Ok, you've shown your true colors as nothing more than a flamebaiting troll trying to stir up trouble for your own enjoyment. Kindly add something useful to the conversation or leave it to the adults. Either way, we'll all put your comments in the appropriate context... a complete lack of credibility.

Good Day Sir!

Whatever John. It's not flame baiting that I don't want to give up 2% of my salary. I'll keep my pay and you can keep ALPA. Will see how that works out.

Now that's funny! SAPA?! I hate to say it but who's looking like an idiot with thinking that's the best option for your representation. BHO and 1% was all you're worth?

BWHAHAHA!

I've seen enough crap go down in the years I've been at SkyWest with SAPA at our helm that I'm putting aside my right-wing Republican instincts and will vote ALPA. Not because I want to be a union guy but because I'm smart enough to evaluate what's in my better interest. Do I chose really sucks, or the possiblity that an organization that represents the majority of airline pilots this country might have better results? Don't feel bad because on occasion I can be an idiot too. I did respond to your post :)

Latest resources

Back