• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Alpa. It's not just about the contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Management at SkyWest is against unions (incase you haven't heard), and will eliminate incentives to it's pilots should they opt for a union. SkyWest will become industry average or less. Jerry doesn't care - he's made his millions.

FEAR is a mighty powerful tool of persuasion...

Steveair is management scare tactics at its best. He's been scared into thinking that he'll lose everything and will have to start over at minimun wage.

2 % of my salary is 1560. My perforance rewards are 2400-4000 per year. You're right! I could lose over 5500!

READ the WHOLE post next time. "2% and NO PERFORMANCE REWARDS..."

Tax deductable Union dues?? That seals the deal. 2500 more hours and you make 15K less than me. Ouch.

I'd rather drink the SkyWest cool aid than smoke the ALPA crack! (which they make you pay for!)

Yah those performance rewards are pretty awesome and so is the fact that better than 20% of the pilot group doesn't get them. Maybe they'll go away like whatever else our management decides to do away with when and how they please.

You say you could lose $5500.00. You could lose a hell of a lot more than that without representation.

Do you smoke crack while sipping the kool-aid? Sounds like it.

You can be as happy as pilots at other regionals with ALPA! Ohh wait... that doesn't add up.

Crappier work rules, good bye to 2% of my check, and no more performance rewards. Sounds great! Total loss of over $5000 a year. Sign me up!

The 1 and ONLY benefit to ALPA is job protection. Keep your head below the radar and no one gets fired.

Those who always stay below the radar will eventually fly into mountains.

a tool used by management as well as the ALPA OC here

Very true...and that's why it is so important folks look past the PROPAGANDA and FEAR used by both sides and objectively decide if representation would be beneficial to them, their careers, and their pilot group.

Not voting for ALPA because you're afraid management will "take" things away in retribution for voting in representation is ill-informed.

Last edited:
Like the comair pilots that thought they were to good and Nothing could happen to them. Sorry for bringing it up, but I bet the f.o. is glad he has ALPA, to fend off personal lawsuits, and the captains family too.!

Thanks ALPA great insurance !

Like the comair pilots that thought they were to good and Nothing could happen to them. Sorry for bringing it up, but I bet the f.o. is glad he has ALPA, to fend off personal lawsuits, and the captains family too.!

Thanks ALPA great insurance !

yeah, from the ambulance chasers like John Edwards?;)

did you fall and hit your head today or something?:laugh:

The 1 and ONLY benefit to ALPA is job protection. Keep your head below the radar and no one gets fired.

You keep thinking that when something happens in flight that is completely out of your control and you get fired for something on the CVR. Something totally unrelated to the incident, but the your company didn't like. It happens more than you think, and with a union you have protection against it. Without a union, you are on your own.

And the aeromedical department is invaluable, especially as you get older. Countless pilots have gotten their medicals back using them, where without them they wouldn't have had the resources. But you know it all, so just keep your head in the sand.

Don't worry....

It's worth as much as ALPA giving COMAIR money. ASA is being slowly dismantled.

Management at SkyWest is against unions (incase you haven't heard), and will eliminate incentives to it's pilots should they opt for a union. SkyWest will become industry average or less. Jerry doesn't care - he's made his millions.

Don't worry, fate just has a way of biting self-serving a-holes like this......

Here I will be with a big cheese-eatin grin. This toolbasket doesn't need anyone else's help, until he really needs some help..... He and skynation don't care until they are forced to care. Just wait until he's the one they are trying to fire....

-It will be very choice...

Latest resources

Back