• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skyway..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's the Midwest mantra....buy what no one else wants and only if it's available at fire sale prices.

Propsync said:
On the lighter side, is this turning into the next Island Air type thread?

This baby thread hasn't even grown past the century mark yet. That might be a little premature. But, we can continue to post on this and see what happens....

Propsync said:
I would imagine what ever happens we will not grow by much, if any at all. We're not looking to take over the world.
Taking over the world? Heck, we have trouble just taking over our namesake portion of the country.

I'd be very surprised if we ever exceeded 25 planes on property, none of which would be any derivative of the ERJ's.

Peace

SF

C'mon, happy rumors:) only, maybe it could be a all German fleet, Fokkers 100's and Dorniers.

HowlinMadMurdoc said:
It hasn't changed since you asked the same question last week.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=65097

It'll probably end up being 6-7 airplanes and presumably these new planes would be on property by mid-2006. It's been mentioned management wants to start staffing up, for the planes, right after the holidays. While this is a good turn of events, I'll believe it when the new planes are on the ramp. As for the Beeches, the last lease expires 2008. I wouldn't be surprised if the EAS flights are dropped when the contracts expire.

HMM

New Planes?? HA!

What, your nearly bankrupt, ineptly managed parent company can afford new planes? Keep smoking whatever they're giving you.

Sure, brilliant plan, lets stop the EAS (read: free money) and try some new routes!!

meatwallet said:
New Planes?? HA!

What, your nearly bankrupt, ineptly managed parent company can afford new planes? Keep smoking whatever they're giving you.

Sure, brilliant plan, lets stop the EAS (read: free money) and try some new routes!!
Hey Ace, if you step away from the keyboard and THINK about what I wrote, you'd understand (if you're truly a Skyway pilot) that "new" means former ACA FRJ's. Word is the MAG (Midwest Air Group) BOD has already approved the purchase of said "new" FRJ's.

As for the EAS routes, it's already been made clear the company wants to migrate to a SINGLE fleet type (ie FRJ). I really can't see an FRJ flying into MBL or IWD - so say "buh-bye" to those places. If we can dump LAN and LSE, what's to stop us from dumping other places, even if EAS? Why keep EAS routes if we can send planes to other more lucrative markets and build them up for Midwest (ie MSP)?

Take care

HMM

It's a government thing, mein...

EAS is put up for bid; Skyway actually outbid (read: underbid) Great Lakes for those routes a few years back, so in a way, you're right...it's doubtful that Uncle Sam would pay the freight (so to speak) for a 32 seat Dojet to serve Ironwood and Manistee when there are a host of other 1900 operators out there who'd do it for less. Mesa always seems to try to get more of those EAS routes - and why the heck not? Free money, right?

As far as aircraft performance - I don't have a clue about that, as I never flew the Dojet. For those in the know - can the Dojet get in and out of a 5,000' runway? Kinda curious...

-brew3

Latest resources

Back