Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RichardRambone said:
Whats your current upgrade time there?
It hasn't changed since you asked the same question last week.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=65097

GOULET! said:
On the other topic, the rumors have been running rampant recently. Ive heard anywhere from 2-15 airplanes which will replace the Beech fleet, could be as soon as late next year. I personally think it would be at least 2007 by the time they would all be phased out. People are still slowly being picked up by Midwest, Allegant, and USA 3000.
It'll probably end up being 6-7 airplanes and presumably these new planes would be on property by mid-2006. It's been mentioned management wants to start staffing up, for the planes, right after the holidays. While this is a good turn of events, I'll believe it when the new planes are on the ramp. As for the Beeches, the last lease expires 2008. I wouldn't be surprised if the EAS flights are dropped when the contracts expire.

HMM

HowlinMadMurdoc said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the EAS flights are dropped when the contracts expire.

HMM
No more ironwood???????

If you are a victim of SJS and overly optimistic...think ERJ 145's.

If you are a realist...think former ACA FRJ's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardRambone
Whats your current upgrade time there?

So, what's the upgrade time again...I too lazy to follow the link to the previous thread.

There are too many variables right now to even remotely offer an approximate upgrade time.

Speculatively speaking, anyone hired today might expect upgrade to 1900 CA in three years. Granted, that's based on current fleet numbers of 10 FRJ's and nine 1900's. Supposedly, the 1900's are expected to be removed from service by 2008. There is talk of 6-7 more FRJ's coming on property sometime in 2006 but that's not a definite. We can endlessly speculate on the number of FRJ's that might be purchased to replace the 1900's.

That's the crapshoot about upgrade times - one day they're lightning fast, the next glacially slow.

Peace

SF

ShadowFlight said:
We can endlessly speculate on the number of FRJ's that might be purchased to replace the 1900's.

300? Options for 150? 12 jets, 12 props? 12 props and some EMB parts?

I would imagine what ever happens we will not grow by much, if any at all. We're not looking to take over the world.

On the lighter side, is this turning into the next Island Air type thread?

By the time we get the 145's, they'll be obselete. But then again we have a track record of operating with defunct equipment.

Latest resources

Back