• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skyway..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You could do it. Could. It would have to be clean, though. The only short runways I've ever used is 26R/8L at GRR and 15/33 (maybe 13/31) at DCA. The one at GRR is right at 5000, and you take horrible takeoff hits for contaminated surface/anti-ice/etc. If you don't have a full plane, you can do it. Saves a lot on taxi time. I don't know if I've ever landed on that one, though. Don't know how that would work, I'd guess it'd be about the same. I think the DCA runway was more around 6000, which was more accomodating for weight penalties.

I landed on 26R/8L at GRR. For 5000' runways, you do need fair skys. As Props stated, the hits are pretty severe for bad weather.

GOULET! said:
If you think Skyway's interview is difficult you are in the wrong industry my friend. Skyway was the easiest interview by far out of any place I interviewed at. That "idiot" who did your interview too probably made you look like the idiot based on your performance which is why Im willing to wager that you were rejected and thats better for all of us at Skyway. So thank you to my "idiot" boss.GOULET!

My guess is you're either the "Hot Shot" doing the interviews or you're his boyfriend.

Last edited:
Either way...it sounds like that idiot kept a egomaniac out of the cockpits of Skyway.

What's the problem?

fastbird said:
Either way...it sounds like that idiot kept a egomaniac out of the cockpits of Skyway.

What's the problem?
Who is the egomaniac?

Ah yes, sounds like a typical egomaniac to me.
Looking at his profile, and other threads. I'm sure this guy isn't trying to get a job with Skyway, as Goulet implied. Maybe he perosonally knows the guy doing interviews?

I went to school with the guy who does the interviews...Raving psycho! Butchered 400 chickens and screwed a beagel. They're taking him back to Nevada where he's wanted for banging horses! (Only kidding, but what movie is it from???)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back