• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW to get more RJ's for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pennekamp is only civil when you spout good movie quotes at him. Otherwise, he's just here to bust your balls, get over it.

Exactly! XPOO HAS CRACKED THE CODE!!!

Bye Bye Skyway
I was one of the original Skyway hires back in the day when we were empoyed by Mesa and ME had a code share with Mesa. I was hired by Astral when they dumped Mesa. I was very thankful to get out of Mesa and work for Astral. As much as things change, they stay the same. Nothing seemed to really be that much better at Astral. The best part of the whole experience was indeed all the great people I worked with at Skyway. Skyway is just another casualty in the never ending saga of the airline industry like Eastern, Pan Am, Midway, Braniff,
TWA etc. Good luck to all.
SAT

More like:

"Dood, that 175 is soooo sweet! Think we'll get it if we take this pay deal?"
"Too bad about those Skyway guys, they should have just come here, haas".
"How ya' like my new hair frosting, dude"?
"Wha, bro? Didn't hear ya... was blasting Coldplay on my ipod".

...yawn...

John, John, John.

Let me say this is a sad day for skyway. But this is a great opportunity for skywest to negotiate for a considerable pay increase (30-40%+) that could change the entire regional mentality. They have a considerable amount of flying(read negotiating power) and can negotiate for themselves as well as the rest of the industry. The ball is in their court and if they want to help themselves as well as everybody else they need to push the envelope(5-10% is not cutting it). How they do this is up to them (alpa or not).

If you really want to help the skyway pilots utilize this barganing power that you currently have and help everbody.

to many drinks,
sorry

We have no negotiating power. 65% of my co-workers decided that the company would take care of us. In order to have leverage, you must have unity, something this pilot group will never have.

We have no negotiating power. 65% of my co-workers decided that the company would take care of us. In order to have leverage, you must have unity, something this pilot group will never have.
Notice how most of those 65% are now complaining about the pay package?

What? Toss another turd at your fellow pilots. If you're on your way out WTF do you care?

Thanks Brother!

I would too, and, as always, you are powerless to do anything about it. Is it all sinking in yet?

BTW- You only have brothers if you have a union.

Latest resources

Back