• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW to get more RJ's for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Any new collective bargaining agreements entered into by other regional carriers may also result in higher industry wages and increased pressure on us to increase the wages and benefits of our employees. Future agreements with unionized and non-unionized employees may be on terms that are not as attractive as our current agreements or comparable to agreements entered into by our competitors."

Skywest, Inc. Form 10-Q for the quarterly period ended September 30,2007
Page 24

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da...25517_110q.htm

so while we're cutting and pasting from SEC filings, from same page as above:

Agreements reached in collective bargaining may increase operating expenses and lower operating results and net income. If unionizing efforts among SkyWest Airlines’ employees are successful, we may be subjected to risks of work interruption or stoppage and/or incur additional administrative expenses associated with union representation.
If we are unable to reach labor agreements with any current or future unionized work groups, we may be subject to work interruptions or stoppages, which may adversely affect our ability to conduct our operations and may even allow Delta, United or Midwest to terminate their respective code-share agreements.

I guess I'm just old fashioned in that I don't want to put my company, my employer, my bread and butter at unnecessary risk. If my company dies, I die with them. If the way my company does things keeps me compensated at a level equal to or greater than the competition, why would I do anything to hurt my company, or slow it down? This is a marathon, not a sprint. I want my company to be competitive now, 5 years from now, 10, and 20.

so while we're cutting and pasting from SEC filings, from same page as above:

Agreements reached in collective bargaining may increase operating expenses and lower operating results and net income. If unionizing efforts among SkyWest Airlines’ employees are successful, we may be subjected to risks of work interruption or stoppage and/or incur additional administrative expenses associated with union representation.
If we are unable to reach labor agreements with any current or future unionized work groups, we may be subject to work interruptions or stoppages, which may adversely affect our ability to conduct our operations and may even allow Delta, United or Midwest to terminate their respective code-share agreements.

I guess I'm just old fashioned in that I don't want to put my company, my employer, my bread and butter at unnecessary risk. If my company dies, I die with them. If the way my company does things keeps me compensated at a level equal to or greater than the competition, why would I do anything to hurt my company, or slow it down? This is a marathon, not a sprint. I want my company to be competitive now, 5 years from now, 10, and 20.

Now you are starting to get it. We are all company men/women. We all want to see our companies succeed for obvious reasons. Just materializing (unionizing) the threat of self help that your management admits to in their SEC filings will give you leverage and force the company into real "good faith bargaining" to try actually set the bar rather than "ride the coat tails." Management doesn't want to lose flying just as the pilots don't either. But just having the possibility to self help evens the playing field in order to get as much of the money on the table.

You are making progress.

Last edited:
Now you are starting to get it. We are all company men/women. We all want to see our companies succeed for obvious reasons. Just materializing (unionizing) the threat of self help that your management admits to in their SEC filings will give you leverage and force the company into real "good faith bargaining" to try actually set the bar rather than "ride the coat tails." Management doesn't want to lose flying just as the pilots don't either. But just having the possibility to self help evens the playing field in order to get as much of the money on the table.

You are making progress.
Gentlemen, we have a winner...

Nevets,

you and I disagree. I appreciate your opinions and ability to stay above the fray here in the 'cage' that has become FI.com. I think we've been over all this ad naseum, so I wish you good luck and hope you enjoy your employment as much as I do mine.

best to you

Latest resources

Back