• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW to get more RJ's for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
32 more jets over the next 2 years, and the quick upgrades are dwindling?
This is the real cool part! Yasee the idiots that voted no on the union drive, will upgrade to a reserve slot, and bam! no more planes, permanent reserve and hello Irene, the crying into the beers that they can't afford. The great irony as the company increases reserves, because they can cornhole to their hearts content, those human $hitstains will get just what they deserve, 74.5hrs a month, lots of ready reserve, PBS, a good dose of ASE forced flying, ect.
PBR

Something like losing 23 EMBs to be replaced with 18 CRJ-2s and 4 CRJ-9s. Then 10 more CRJ-2s to fill out the rest of the Midwest agreement.

It seems to me that the upgrade will slow down unless you obtain more flying right? 32 jets - 22 EMB120's equals a net growth of 10 aircraft. Even at six crews per a/c that will be only 120 pilots on the end of a 2800 pilot seniority list.

There are lots of FO's that have been here a couple years that haven't been able to upgrade because they didn't have the flight time.

It seems to me that the upgrade will slow down unless you obtain more flying right? 32 jets - 22 EMB120's equals a net growth of 10 aircraft. Even at six crews per a/c that will be only 120 pilots on the end of a 2800 pilot seniority list.
It's been stated that 5 of those EMB's will stick around in a "pro-rate" basis. So it would be a net loss of "only" 18 Brasilias in the end.

We have no negotiating power. 65% of my co-workers decided that the company would take care of us. In order to have leverage, you must have unity, something this pilot group will never have.

..... and neither will ALPA......

..... You are right about unity.... but ALPA only gives lip service to the word....Sending 1.95% of your paycheck to Herndon does not equal unity.....

65% of my co-workers decided that the company would take care of us.

what regional pilot group, in your estimation, has been better 'taken care of' in the 36 years that we've been around, than us? the last 10 years? 5?

honest question, and good luck with your future endeavors

what regional pilot group, in your estimation, has been better 'taken care of' in the 36 years that we've been around, than us? the last 10 years? 5?

honest question, and good luck with your future endeavors

Hmm, let me see here. Could it be, SkyWest? Ding-ding-ding, Yes!!!! I knew that one, that was way too easy.
Oh, Yeah! This Kool-Aid tastes great!!!!!
Next question please.

Latest resources

Back