• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW to get more RJ's for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agreed, there are always bad apples in any group. I will restate myself....On bahalf of most Skywest pilots....I doubt there are many pilots who are happy to take anothers job, despite what some might say on this board. Fly Safe
Wilde737
Oh see there is where you are wrong. It would be an absolute pleasure to put every Skywest pilot out to pasture. Little bit of reap what you sow.

yes. if you believe otherwise, please explain mesa airlines.

you've all changed my mind. skywest is pure.

So the pay for the other departments and other costs have no bearing on how contracts are bid? It's based 100 percent on pilot pay? That's rich (pardon the pun). Why didn't Mesa win the Midwest RFP if pilot pay is all that is considered?

Last edited:
SkyWest has never won an RFP based purely upon pilot pay. We have won, and will continue to win RFPs based on aircraft lease rates, maintenance costs, a strong balance sheet, etc. It all factors in.

AWAC is out of business? I remember when our flying was put out to the lowest bidder. I remember other carriers going after it like crack fiends trying to get a hit. I remember the formation of Go Jets. What was left over went to Mesa and Skywest. I remember getting displaced and having to commute to Crappydelphia instead of driving to ORD along with our other 918 pilots at the time. I remember reading recently that ORD and MKE are Junior bases for Skywest ie. Nobody wants to even be there. I also remember quitting. I don't remember them shutting their doors, just everyones lives dramatically altered in a very bad way.

Sorry I mis spoke. I meant to say was they lost their UAX flying. What you fail to realize is that many other salaried employees had their pay cut or frozen. This wasn't solely a pilot pay issue, contrary to what you guys would like to think. ORD and MKE are also two of the newest domiciles. Very few 20-plus year captains transfered to a different domicile. That being said, SkyWest has opened and closed several domiciles over the years. The loss of the CO flying in IAH forced many to move as well.

Really? How many PMs have you sent to these guys asking to help them out? How many phone call have you made to friends at Skyway or to your company asking to give these guys preferential hiring? How many calls have you made to HR? I even have my wife scrounging stuff up at her company...

What are you doing to help?

Gleeful??? What a first class a$$ you are.

Don't fret over it MarineGrunt. This guy is a complete moron. Look through his 3000+ posts for proof. Just let him spew his ingnorant posts and take them for the funny read that they are.

Skyway Pilot VS Skywest pilot..... My family is riding Skyways. No Brainer!!!! But it is all about the dollar>>

Last edited:
yes. if you believe otherwise, please explain mesa airlines.

you've all changed my mind. skywest is pure.

Please explain Mesa airlines..... aren't they ALPA??....... I'm not sure I would use Mesa as evidence of why Skywest should become ALPA....

Oh see there is where you are wrong. It would be an absolute pleasure to put every Skywest pilot out to pasture. Little bit of reap what you sow.

Even the ones who voted FOR ALPA????..... It is ALPA Koolaid Cheerleaders like you that will guarantee that no other regional ever joins ALPA.........

ALPA has helped to cause this "bidding war" and you blame your fellow Skywest pilots, including those who actually voted for ALPA......

You sir are an idiot and a disgrace......

all arguements aside, please guys, you have been in the middle of a lot "takeovers." Much more so than even RAH.

Some offered consolation could be to vote down this pathetic pay raise. It'd at least give a short repose from the current impression of you all as a bunch of kool-aid drinking, anti-union, disenfranchised, spikey-hiared/backpack/sunglass/ipod wearing fellas.

How exactly did voting no on ALPA cause this to happen? Do you think that with pay and everything else frozen until a contract was ratified years down the road had any bearing on this?

Pennekamp...

Midwest had an option on 10 more aircraft at their discretion on top of the original 15 in the contract. This is Midwest exercising their option on the other 10 aircraft and I fully believe that SkyWest was not intentionally there to put Skyway out of business. This seems like an MEH decision to me. But you go ahead and look it through whatever glasses fit.

SkyWest has never won an RFP based purely upon pilot pay. We have won, and will continue to win RFPs based on aircraft lease rates, maintenance costs, a strong balance sheet, etc. It all factors in.

You caused it to happen, not because of your pay rate, but because of the flexibility being non-union offers management. With you all being non-union (and voting to stay that way), when Midwest demands cheaper in two years, SkyWest can do it cheaper. No messy negotiations in the way. And you will all gladly take the pay cut because they'll throw you a few more airplanes and keep the fast upgrades coming. This is your reward for voting down ALPA

Face it. SkyWest Airlines is no better than Go Jets or SkyBus. Pilots with no self esteem.

Latest resources

Back