• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW 2012 Q2 Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The failure in logic is blaiming Skywest Inc. for majors squeezing their regionals and not paying as much for regional feed. That isn't the fault of Skywest.

Fair enough, but you asserted that if one believes SKYW was at fault for XJT's problems, they MUST also believe SKYW is at fault for other airlines' problems. That is simply nonsense. The situation with XJT is not directly comparable and your assertion is illogical.

Nevets that was exactly what INC management wanted to do. Hostile takeover didn't work so they financially broke the back of Expressjet and got what they wanted.

Yeah, plan A didn't work (long shot) but plan B did. And they probably had plan C and D as well.

You can blame whoever you want but your financial position was pre-bankruptcy

It's not about blame, just stating facts that this was partly Skywest's doing.

Why do you keep blaiming Skywest for the fact that majors aren't paying as much for CPAs as they used to. The market has changed, and the lucrative CPAs that we were all used to are gone forever. Skywest Inc. would love for those agreements to come back.

Why was Pinnacle and Eagle losing money? Did Skywest "break" them too?

I think many LXJT pilots are living in the past.

The only reason XJT's CPA with CAL started losing money is because CAL used Skywest to whipsaw XJT. No, blame, just stating fact. If people don't want to live in the past, then they should stop bringing it up to begin with.

I have no idea about eagle, pinnacle, or anyone else. I wasn't in the room for those.

You and Nevets say that Skywest Inc. did this to XJT so they could buy them. You both say that it is Skywests fault that they were about to fail. If you are going to blame their impending failure on another company, then you must also believe that someone else caused Pinnacle and Eagle to fail.

No one is talking about eagle or pinnacle in this thread. It is completely irrelevant and your correlation lacks any thought. It's baseless. Why don't we just stop with the straw man arguments because that's exactly what your correlation is.

The failure in logic is blaiming Skywest Inc. for majors squeezing their regionals and not paying as much for regional feed. That isn't the fault of Skywest.

Every regional is getting the screws put to them and ExpressJet was no different.

The fact is, they were failing as is just about every regional in the industry. How you can blame Skywest for that is beyond me and seems to be a failure in logic.

Because Skywest got paid $9 million by CAL to come in and look at XJT's books and make a buyout offer that included not only synergy cost and economies of scale savings but also 16% concessions, 700 furloughs, and Skywest operating 25 ERJs with Skywest pilots (they were going to offer preferential interviews to the furloughed). Then CAL told XJT, give us a deal as good or better than Skywest or we cancel ALL your flying. XJT literally signed the CPA Skywest had negotiated with CAL. That is textbook classic whipsaw.

Dude you need to step away from your crack pipe.... With said I work at Skywest and yes Skywest sunk the final nails into XJT before buying them by forcing them into taking less margins with the CAL CPA. I'm sorry your world is filled with fairy tales but INC management was after XJT and they very well could be after AE and 9e but do I blame INC for these companies failing past business practices.....NO!

Exactly! Obviously they have very shrewd people working for Inc.

Last edited:
Seriously. Nevets you are a broken record. Go ahead and keep blaming Skywest for all your problems. I for one am glad to be on the Skywest bus. The other buses don't look so good right now. Keep biting the hand that feeds you and let me know how that works for ya.

Look out now! The ERJ guys are going to demand a 50% raise!

$17M sounds like a lot to guys like us, but the fact is $937M had to be brought in to generate that $17M. That's a whoppin' 1.8% profit margin. You go ask anyone you know who owns their own business and ask them if their business would survive on a 1.8% profit margin.

My guess is they would ALL find something else to do.

Actually any business would survive forever at 0 percent profit margin. Profit is the money you have left over after paying all your expenses. Those expenses include those required to grow the business in the future. As long as you were able to continue to make 1.8 percent every year you would continue to have more money in the bank at the end of the year then at the beginning of the year. What would make you go out of business? Now, if you followed that up with losses, then you would likely be in trouble. Never heard of a copmany that went out of business for not having enough profit!!

Actually any business would survive forever at 0 percent profit margin. Profit is the money you have left over after paying all your expenses. Those expenses include those required to grow the business in the future. As long as you were able to continue to make 1.8 percent every year you would continue to have more money in the bank at the end of the year then at the beginning of the year. What would make you go out of business? Now, if you followed that up with losses, then you would likely be in trouble. Never heard of a copmany that went out of business for not having enough profit!!

Wow....just...............wow

Latest resources

Back