• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW 2012 Q2 Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok who the hell got whipsawed?? Raise your hand.....

whip·saw (hw
ibreve.gif
p
prime.gif
lprime.gif
, w
ibreve.gif
p
prime.gif
-)
n. A narrow two-person crosscut saw.

tr.v. whip·sawed, whip·sawed or whip·sawn (-sôn
lprime.gif
), whip·saw·ing, whip·saws 1. To cut with a whipsaw.
2. Games To win two bets from (a person) at one time, as in faro.
3. To cause to move or alternate rapidly in contrasting directions: "The bond market . . . continues to be whipsawed by fears of rekindled inflation" (Steven E. Levingston).
4. To defeat or best in two ways at once

Lots of good guys at legacy XJet, but dang I'm sick of hearing how y'all have been screwed over by Skywest. Let's face facts, without Skywest rescuing you, you'd be in Comairs place soon and definately wouldn't be hiring or upgrading. We need a contract that's fair, but you aren't getting a 20% raise, simple as that. No mediator in the world would side with us with the way the rest of this segment is performing. Short duration, modest gains and hit them again when the economy is better.

lots of good guys at legacy xjet, but dang i'm sick of hearing how y'all have been screwed over by skywest. Let's face facts, without skywest rescuing you, you'd be in comairs place soon and definately wouldn't be hiring or upgrading. We need a contract that's fair, but you aren't getting a 20% raise, simple as that. No mediator in the world would side with us with the way the rest of this segment is performing. Short duration, modest gains and hit them again when the economy is better.

^^^^^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I dare you to go write that on the Pipe!!!!

Lots of good guys at legacy XJet, but dang I'm sick of hearing how y'all have been screwed over by Skywest. Let's face facts, without Skywest rescuing you, you'd be in Comairs place soon and definately wouldn't be hiring or upgrading. We need a contract that's fair, but you aren't getting a 20% raise, simple as that. No mediator in the world would side with us with the way the rest of this segment is performing. Short duration, modest gains and hit them again when the economy is better.

someone who gets it

Most of us are very reasonable and realistic. We have 2800 pilots and you have heard from about 30 or so chest-thumpers....

Your "facts" are not necessarily "facts" because we have no clue what the "real" outcome could or would have been. So its all just speculation. Were we in a good place, no, were we literally about to fail, I doubt it, CAL couldn't let that happen(thus the 2 back door deals to have SKW buy us). Our turnaround I dont think has as much to do with the fact that SKW bought us, but more to do with getting a semi-competent group of management in who is not just all about scratching each others backs like our old management was about, but more about running an airline and they dont care about the people involved(this is very obvious). While I dont really like the extreme's of either side I lean more towards the "lets run an airline" side of things. And again, if we had had a competent management team prior to SKW buying us I dont believe we would have gotten ourselves into the position we were in.

I dont think most line guys are screaming for a 20% pay raise, I think most want a reasonable raise with good working conditions and are going to refuse to take concessions in any section of the contract. Because whats a 20% raise worth if you lose 25% of your pay in other sections of the contract? I think the NO PBS crew is also fairly small as is evidence by their funny website that has less than 600 signatures out of a total group of nearly 5000 pilots(and I believe that website has been running for over a year). I think reasonable gains are possible and now that SKW has reported a profit its hard to hide behind the "we dont have money to pay you" mantra or "these are hard times".

Most of us are very reasonable and realistic. We have 2800 pilots and you have heard from about 30 or so chest-thumpers....

exactly. Although I would say we have closer to 300 chest thumpers using the 10% rule. We also have a ton of guys that simply arent and refuse to be educated about various things.

Your "facts" are not necessarily "facts" because we have no clue what the "real" outcome could or would have been. So its all just speculation. Were we in a good place, no, were we literally about to fail, I doubt it, CAL couldn't let that happen(thus the 2 back door deals to have SKW buy us). Our turnaround I dont think has as much to do with the fact that SKW bought us, but more to do with getting a semi-competent group of management in who is not just all about scratching each others backs like our old management was about, but more about running an airline and they dont care about the people involved(this is very obvious). While I dont really like the extreme's of either side I lean more towards the "lets run an airline" side of things. And again, if we had had a competent management team prior to SKW buying us I dont believe we would have gotten ourselves into the position we were in.

I dont think most line guys are screaming for a 20% pay raise, I think most want a reasonable raise with good working conditions and are going to refuse to take concessions in any section of the contract. Because whats a 20% raise worth if you lose 25% of your pay in other sections of the contract? I think the NO PBS crew is also fairly small as is evidence by their funny website that has less than 600 signatures out of a total group of nearly 5000 pilots(and I believe that website has been running for over a year). I think reasonable gains are possible and now that SKW has reported a profit its hard to hide behind the "we dont have money to pay you" mantra or "these are hard times".

exactly. Although I would say we have closer to 300 chest thumpers using the 10% rule. We also have a ton of guys that simply arent and refuse to be educated about various things.

So if they report a loss are you willing to take concessions? Or is that just a one way street?

Latest resources

Back