• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW 2012 Q2 Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
By the way, I got a nice bonus check today. Much bigger than I expected.

And how much was your performance plus+ check for this quarter? Ours was pretty mediocre this time around but I can't complain when the company decides to give us free money despite the negative profit margin. But curious about yours nonetheless.

And how much was your performance plus+ check for this quarter? Ours was pretty mediocre this time around but I can't complain when the company decides to give us free money despite the negative profit margin. But curious about yours nonetheless.

I'm guessing the XJT/ASA side calls the bonuses something different from what the SKW side calls them. We have a Performance Rewards and a Financial Rewards. I can't go into specifics but for the Performance Rewards everything was "target" for the quarter while baggage was "exceptional" twice. As for the Financial Rewards, it was the best profit margin for SKW since Q3 2010.

Like he said, performance is based on meeting target metrics and is only a couple hundred bucks. Financial side is you earnings for the quarter times the profit margin. Total was almost a grand.

Even if we meet all our goals, our payout is not as lucrative as skyw. That's part of being the step-child. When they presented these bonuses to us they used skyw as an example, but from what I hear from skyw guys our payouts aren't even close to theirs. Even before the merger when we were tremendously profitable it wasn't even close.

SkyWest Airlines makes more money for INC.

Even When profits were more closely matched the payouts weren't even close. I've heard skyw pilots say bonuses would add up to almost ten percent of their pay. Even when we were doing great it was just a few hundred bucks.

Even When profits were more closely matched the payouts weren't even close. I've heard skyw pilots say bonuses would add up to almost ten percent of their pay. Even when we were doing great it was just a few hundred bucks.

Our financial rewards are based on individual quarterly earnings. I flew with a "minimum hours" per month CA with higher seniority than Jon who said his was $700 before tax. I'm a fly what they give me FO and my bonus was $506 gross. I imagine Jon flew a lot in Q2 = earns more = more bonus. Those "10%" people probably lived at work. This was one of the larger total bonuses we've seen in several years.

Latest resources

Back