• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW 2012 Q2 Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ntm, the goal isn't to share all profit with employees so that you have a quarterly income of $0. On top of that, 7000 pilot plus tons of flight attendants, mechanics, dispatchers, magazine writers, company store employees, etc.

Bingo!!!!!

Ntm, the goal isn't to share all profit with employees so that you have a quarterly income of $0. On top of that, 7000 pilot plus tons of flight attendants, mechanics, dispatchers, magazine writers, company store employees, etc.

But it's only the XJT pilots, dispatchers, mechanics, and flight attendants who are in contract negotiations, not the other employees and certainly not any employees of Skywest Airlines. Just saying.;)

Expressjet probably LOST money.

I believe I read that we increased our income by 19.9 million during the quarter, but I am sure that had nothing to do with the company making 17 million, nothing at all.

I dont think you will find one expressjet pilot demanding a 50% payraise or anything crazy, but we do want to achieve a contract that is up to par with the ******************** we have put up with since 2008 as well as the ******************** that we have put up with since being purchased by SKW in 2010. We will not accept a concessionary contract in any aspect of our contract. We would rather sit on what we have than give anything up. We are not interested in "helping" the company as so many ASA pilots think needs to happen.

Last edited:
I believe I read that we increased our income by 19.9 million during the quarter, but I am sure that had nothing to do with the company making 17 million, nothing at all.

I dont think you will find one expressjet pilot demanding a 50% payraise or anything crazy, but we do want to achieve a contract that is up to par with the ******************** we have put up with since 2008 as well as the ******************** that we have put up with since being purchased by SKW in 2010. We will not accept a concessionary contract in any aspect of our contract. We would rather sit on what we have than give anything up. We are not interested in "helping" the company as so many ASA pilots think needs to happen.

Worked well for comair...I think they might start parking the ERJ first...

I think they might start parking the ERJ first...

please explain your rational behind that? We(the ERJ side) have been ADDING airplanes(37 seaters at that) and have increased our block hours to the point that we are at historical highs. All the while the CRJ side has LOST airplanes to GJ(for whatever reason) and now just a couple of months later are basically getting those A/C back(which makes no sense, but I guess DAL didnt know then what they know now as it pertains to shutting down Comair or Pinnacle's BK). CAL(UAL) has made NO mention of parking 50 seat A/C. Now that could all change based on the outcome of their TA, but as of right now I dont feel that the ERJ side is in ANY danger of parking any airplanes.

please explain your rational behind that? We(the ERJ side) have been ADDING airplanes(37 seaters at that) and have increased our block hours to the point that we are at historical highs. All the while the CRJ side has LOST airplanes to GJ(for whatever reason) and now just a couple of months later are basically getting those A/C back(which makes no sense, but I guess DAL didnt know then what they know now as it pertains to shutting down Comair or Pinnacle's BK). CAL(UAL) has made NO mention of parking 50 seat A/C. Now that could all change based on the outcome of their TA, but as of right now I dont feel that the ERJ side is in ANY danger of parking any airplanes.

He has no rationale. He's just trying to get a rise out of us greedy ERJ guys.

There's nothing wrong with asking for substantial improvements in compensation and qol. The last year and a half have made me realize the company cares nothing about the front line employees compared to performance. If they want to maximize the operation at our expense then it should be compensated highly.

Also, with the attrition that is expected and the lack of future staffing, the company should be hanging brass rings out there to retain and attract qualified pilots.

The bell will toll shortly, when pilots vacate this place as a result of the hostile culture and combative relationship that has developed toward the crews, ESP from the occ.

I only hear one pilot group complaining. Must be all that whipsawing going on.

Latest resources

Back