SKYW 2012 Q2 Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys crack me up...

In your very simple example maybe a small home based business could survive at no profit where capital improvements are never needed or R&D is not required. Certainly not a publicly traded company. Businesses rely on profits to buy new inventory, expand operations and finance product development. Without profit, a business would stagnate and risk losing its market share to other competitors. Large businesses need to raise profits to keep share prices high and pay dividends to shareholders. If a large business does not generate a profit, its share price falls, which means it cannot raise as much money with share sales and cannot borrow from banks as easily. Companies with falling share prices often become the targets of hostile takeovers by rival firms. Sound familiar?

lets just put an end to this so Nevets can get back to spankin to his ALPA mag:

Express Jet is the greatest regional there ever was, is, or will be.
An angel came down from heaven and blew pure sunshine up the tailpipe of every XJ pilot upon being hired. They are without flaw.
The performance, looks, and economics of every XJ aircraft are second to none. Every market they flew, under every condition, was perfectly thought out and executed.
The 1980s Miami Dolphins color scheme was the greatest idea. Ever.
The stand alone operation was the 2nd greatest, but only barely.
Every awesome thing XJ and it's pilots ever did (which is impossible to count) was corrupted by SkyWest, it's pilots, moon spots, two horned Unicorns (bastards!), and Gargamel from the Smurfs. If it weren't for these conspiring forces, XJ would now rule the world of aviation on the whole earth and most of the moon (woulda completed market domination there early 2013 if not for Jerry Atkin).

there

Last edited:
Those go into the expenses. If, after you expense improvements, research and so forth you make a 1.8% profit you will be fine!!! You don't think those things are accounted for? I repeat, coopervane, if you make a 1.8% profit every quarter from now until the end of time, you will wind up with more money every quarter than you started with!!!!!! So take your wow and stick it!!!!

An angel came down from heaven and blew pure sunshine up the tailpipe of every XJ pilot upon being hired. They are without flaw.
The performance, looks, and economics of every XJ aircraft are second to none. Every market they flew, under every condition, was perfectly thought out and executed.
Every awesome thing XJ and it's pilots ever did (which is impossible to count) was corrupted by SkyWest, it's pilots, moon spots, two horned Unicorns (bastards!), and Gargamel from the Smurfs. If it weren't for these conspiring forces, XJ would now rule the world of aviation on the whole earth and most of the moon (woulda completed market domination there early 2013 if not for Jerry Atkin).

there

Best post in a long, long, time! *CLAP CLAP CLAP*

there

I'm sure every Mesaba pilot is flattered.

Seriously. Nevets you are a broken record. Go ahead and keep blaming Skywest for all your problems. I for one am glad to be on the Skywest bus. The other buses don't look so good right now. Keep biting the hand that feeds you and let me know how that works for ya.

Its not blaming if I'm stating truth. It's just the reason why it happened. Skywest has very shrewd people working for them and they did their fiduciary responsibility. But when someone states half truths or right out untruths, I will post what I know to be fact to refute it. Just because we are better off now doesn't mean we shouldn't be treated with "dignity and respect" like they always preach.

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nevets will still blame everything on Skywest.

What does profit margin have to do with what I said? I havent commented at all on profit margin, revenue, etc.

Last edited:

An angel came down from heaven and blew pure sunshine up the tailpipe of every ExpressJet pilot upon being hired. They are without flaw.

The performance, looks, and economics of every ExpressJet aircraft are second to none. Every market they flew, under every condition, was perfectly thought out and executed.

Every awesome thing ExpressJet and it's pilots ever did (which is impossible to count) was corrupted by SkyWest, it's pilots, moon spots, two horned Unicorns (bastards!), and Gargamel from the Smurfs. If it weren't for these conspiring forces, ExpressJet would now rule the world of aviation on the whole earth and most of the moon (woulda completed market domination there early 2013 if not for Jerry Atkin).

there
fixed it
(apologies to XJ dudes)

Face it guys, XJT was whipsawed by Skywest. That is ALL I'm saying. You ASA guys shouldnt be taking it personal. It's NOTHING against you guys.

Face it guys, XJT was whipsawed by Skywest. That is ALL I'm saying. You ASA guys shouldnt be taking it personal. It's NOTHING against you guys.

So what? There's a reason there's the saying, "it's business, not personal." as long as there has been capitalism, there have been whipsaws. Skywest saw a weakness, and an ability to gain a competitive edge, and they took it.

If XJT had been a thriving and healthy company, the whipsaw would have been impossible to pull off.

So what? There's a reason there's the saying, "it's business, not personal." as long as there has been capitalism, there have been whipsaws. Skywest saw a weakness, and an ability to gain a competitive edge, and they took it.

If XJT had been a thriving and healthy company, the whipsaw would have been impossible to pull off.

Actually, it didn't matter because CAL held the strings from the very beginning. They wrote the CPA and they pulled every trigger in it at precisely the timeline they wrote into the CPA. In hindsight, this was their plan all along. The only thing that was happenstance was Skywest being the best entity to be in a position to buy XJT. The only thing I take personal is them telling us one thing (contract) and then doing something else. The actual whipsaw is not in that category, that was just business on the part of upper Skywest management. But at least we are making progress and not all denying that it happened or continues to happen. We are all pawns in the whipsaw game and I feel that we should all try to mitigate that among professional airline pilots.

Latest resources

Back