• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW 2012 Q2 Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lots of good guys at legacy XJet, but dang I'm sick of hearing how y'all have been screwed over by Skywest. Let's face facts, without Skywest rescuing you, you'd be in Comairs place soon and definately wouldn't be hiring or upgrading.

XJT was losing money on the CAL CPA because of Skywest. They broke, they bought it.

Last edited:
Nevets that was exactly what INC management wanted to do. Hostile takeover didn't work so they financially broke the back of Expressjet and got what they wanted.

XJT was losing money on the CAL CPA because of Skywest. They broke, they bought it.

Why do you keep blaiming Skywest for the fact that majors aren't paying as much for CPAs as they used to. The market has changed, and the lucrative CPAs that we were all used to are gone forever. Skywest Inc. would love for those agreements to come back.

Why was Pinnacle and Eagle losing money? Did Skywest "break" them too?

I think many LXJT pilots are living in the past.

Last edited:
Lol are you crazy?! Where did I bring up those companies in my post?

You and Nevets say that Skywest Inc. did this to XJT so they could buy them. You both say that it is Skywests fault that they were about to fail. If you are going to blame their impending failure on another company, then you must also believe that someone else caused Pinnacle and Eagle to fail.

You and Nevets say that Skywest Inc. did this to XJT so they could buy them. You both say that it is Skywests fault that they were about to fail. If you are going to blame their impending failure on another company, then you must also believe that someone else caused Pinnacle and Eagle to fail.

I think I see a failure of logic there. SkyWest didn't attempt to buy Pinnacle or Eagle.

I think I see a failure of logic there. SkyWest didn't attempt to buy Pinnacle or Eagle.

The failure in logic is blaiming Skywest Inc. for majors squeezing their regionals and not paying as much for regional feed. That isn't the fault of Skywest.

Every regional is getting the screws put to them and ExpressJet was no different.

The fact is, they were failing as is just about every regional in the industry. How you can blame Skywest for that is beyond me and seems to be a failure in logic.

Dude you need to step away from your crack pipe.... With said I work at Skywest and yes Skywest sunk the final nails into XJT before buying them by forcing them into taking less margins with the CAL CPA. I'm sorry your world is filled with fairy tales but INC management was after XJT and they very well could be after AE and 9e but do I blame INC for these companies failing past business practices.....NO!

Latest resources

Back