SKW Sked+

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
a group of UAL pilots is also investigating the idea of de-certifying ALPA

I have read many of your posts and it is obvious you are STRONGLY opposed to ALPA. so my question to you is, what do you suggest is the solution to the HUGE problem we have in our industry? Whipsaw!...Race to the bottom...what is your suggestion? In all of your posts, I have yet to see you propose a solution. I have said it before and I will say it again...ALPA is NOT the perfect answer but it is the BEST option we have right now.

Are you the type of person that takes a test and refuses to answer a question just because you don't like your choices. If you do, you will FAIL the test..and the same is true here! It may not be perfect, but unless you have a better suggestion and are ABLE TO IMPLEMENT IT, we all will lose if we don't come together.

I am not attacking you, but I feel that you are VERY naive.

I've worked at an ALPA regional, have you?

I think the couple of people you have asked this question work for the eastern division of SKW. Your management is treating them badly. ALPA is the only thing preventing an even worse treatment. The long-amenable contract we are working under was negotiated a long time ago and under far different circumstances. Now, the company takes advantage of every angle that it can (both legal and not, when they can get away with it). If it were not for the contract and ALPA's limited ability to get it enforced, things would be far worse than they are. Maybe something like what the NetJets guys call "Strong Union" would be a better deal, but no union would be an absolute catastrophe at Americas Shiityest Airline.

I've worked at an ALPA regional, have you?
I have, TSA in '99, and guess what SKYW is moving closer to that type of airline every day, why? no contract. The TSA guys were the most cohesive group I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Without the union that place would have sucked several orders of magnitude worse. Uncle Rico=Hulas, they are cut from the same cloth, milk the pilots for every last minute of work, then throw them some useless bone and laugh all the way to the stock option bank. You keep throwing out that same old tired "I worked at an ALPA regional, have you?" quote and it, just reiterates the adage, the union is only as good as the individuals that comprise it. How many meetings did you attend, how many commitees were you on, exactly you are part of the problem, and your attitude is the problem at SKYW, entitlement oriented, Generation- $hithead idiots. You just don't get it, the very regional you "worked" at sucked because you "worked" there, SKYW is starting to suck now that you and your ilk have started polluting the pilot pool, you were hired because you have a pulse, nothing more.
Do us all a favor, lick the center rail on an electric train, any one you can find!
PBR

-ALPA can help in situations like this. Despite what Joe Merchant whines about. Our TA on scheduling at ASA would really solve a lot of scheduling problems-and our scheduling section now is better than some majors.
-Get ALPA-you won't regret it.......

-Ignore Joe Merchant-he is an RJDC loser who wants to continue to live in some strange parallel universe where RJ guys make exactly what 777 guys make due to "equal representation.".......
-Whatever
alpo won't help this, wake up...look at ASA..................

well PBR and jayme

if it sucks because I work here (man, what power!) what isn't it equally awesome because you two and Gr82 work here? I mean, according to you, you are awesome, so why isn't working here awesome?

oh right, because we need to have a more 'stick it to the man' attitude, more of an us vs. them when it comes to management, right?

shouldn't you be over at Hillary's website donating money?

well PBR and jayme

if it sucks because I work here (man, what power!) what isn't it equally awesome because you two and Gr82 work here? I mean, according to you, you are awesome, so why isn't working here awesome?

oh right, because we need to have a more 'stick it to the man' attitude, more of an us vs. them when it comes to management, right?

shouldn't you be over at Hillary's website donating money?

So, you have no solutions or suggestions...just your anti-ALPA diatribe!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back