• Start date
  • Watchers 35

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He should go to UPS if he wants to ruin his life. Are you kidding me? How many pilots has UPS hired in the last 5 years? maybe 350. How much has their fleet grown? Try none. I think they have fewer airplanes now then they did 5 years ago. He would be junior forever at UPS. It doesn't get any worse than being junior at UPS
That's not entirely true. We have been acquiring larger planes (MD-11s, 747-400s, and more to come) and our growth is on the international side where the crew ratio is something like 10 per airfarme while we're retiring 727s. You can't even compare the total compensation at the 2 airlines. Granted, CO might be looking at high retirement numbers in the coming years, but I would still pick UPS for the long-term. As for schedules, it depends where he lives. He could live in SDF or ANC and be very happy. But it's anyones guess where we'll all be in 25 years. All I can say is good luck!

He should go to UPS if he wants to ruin his life. Are you kidding me? How many pilots has UPS hired in the last 5 years? maybe 350. How much has their fleet grown? Try none. I think they have fewer airplanes now then they did 5 years ago. He would be junior forever at UPS. It doesn't get any worse than being junior at UPS

At least 52 new widebody aircraft thru 2012 and projected to hire around 250 this year...you can keep your bitching pax, I'll take my chances wearing brown!
  • Ordered 27 Boeing 767-300ERs from Boeing, deliveries 2009-2012
  • Projecting 500-600 crewmembers in ANC base eventually (MD11 and 747-400)
  • First 747-400F delivery set for June, to be operated SDF-ANC initially
  • 2007 deliveries: 3 747-400s, 10 MD11s
  • 2008 deliveries: 7 747-400s, 5 MD11s

How much of UPS flying is backside of the clock? From some of the posts on here you never do it if you don't want. And is you live in your base and bid reserve you never work.

Much quicker upgrade with UPS too. I've heard less than 5 years possibly for an MD 11 upgrade in ANC. That's good money for a young guy.

Also, I highly doubt that many will retire from CAL now due to the change in the age 65 rule.

I still say UPS. No brainer in my opinion.

I heard the CAL schedules suck now too becuase of a new bidding procedure. PBS??

Went to FedEX Jan 2007

So far, W2 wise, I definitely did the right thing. (128 an hour currently, vs the 65 an hour I would be making at CAL)

HIRED in 2007??? dude your not at 128 an hour till year 2 pay... and right seat in the bus is what you have listed? We havent hired anyone except a couple Subic guys into the bus...

I personally think that all replies are missing the most important part of this whole thread. Where do you live? Where do you want to live?? Where do you want to commute?? If you are from the New York area, UPS is a terrible decision. If you are from SDF, MIA, ONT, ANC, blah blah blah...CO is a terrible decision. Most people chase after the W2, I would have thought things differently if I would have realized COMMUTING SUCKS!!!! I'm at CAL, almost 1.5 years and 56% in EWR. The seniority is going like crazy. SO far I love working there, but I hate commuting. I would take into consideration on what is best for your family and yourself. If you can live anywhere and it doesn't matter to you or your family, then UPS. Oh, red eyes kill me and I cannot stand them and they are ten times worse when you commute in same day. Just my thoughts....

-W-

I'm beginning to think that these posts are pure flamebait, but, I will get sucked into this anyway. My view:

Who gives a crap?

I truly hate these types of threads. Every person has to make a choice and stick with it. UPS is not for everyone, and CAL is not for everyone. He is a grown-up; make a decision on your own, for pete's sake!

Do you even work here at UPS? I think not, because you know not what you speak of. I am junior and it is not bad; not any worse than any other airline. Tell me why you say the things you do? Give me examples.

Went to FedEX Jan 2007

So far, W2 wise, I definitely did the right thing. (128 an hour currently, vs the 65 an hour I would be making at CAL)

HIRED in 2007??? dude your not at 128 an hour till year 2 pay... and right seat in the bus is what you have listed? We havent hired anyone except a couple Subic guys into the bus...

Bingo. (SFS)

Latest resources

Back