• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority list at the new AA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would expect that APA would file for Single Carrier status immediately upon the POR date. Why would they need to drag out the timeline and go through the pain of dealing with USAPA when they can put them in a box immediately and ship them back to CLT?

I'd love to see USAPA gin up their own version of AOL. How about Helpless East Egomaniacs Hijacking Another Win or HEE HAW for short.

Cactusboy, AWA was the first airline to apply and receive money from the ATSB after 9/11, 350 million dollars, and still owed 300 million in 2005..this money ultimately save the Airline.

I'd love to see USAPA gin up their own version of AOL. How about Helpless East Egomaniacs Hijacking Another Win or HEE HAW for short.

I must admit Birdman that despite some of your previous post on FI, I really do enjoy your creativity when coming up with some the most entertaining names for the radical CLT crowd. Hee Haw is good but in my opinion "The Pulled Pork Politburo" was by far your best work to date. Keep'em coming. So far the only good thing I have seen from these past 7 years of dysfunction is the list of creative insults all sides have come up with. So far here is what I can remember, Eastholes, Westicles, Turd List, Angry FO Club, Hee Haw,and the Pulled Pork Politburo. I know there must be some I am forgetting. Feel free to add on to the list or better yet lets get a head start on our future AA brothers/sisters because lets be real here. Pilots just don't play well with other kids and it's just a matter of time until we prove it. Again

O, I must have missed the part about your airlines stellar financial history.

Oh, we also had 2 bankruptcies in the past. In May 2005 we were making money in our post-9/11 contract, getting airplanes, upgrading pilots at 6.5 years and hiring new pilots (including some nice furloughed US Airways pilots that had yet to be poisoned by you nice folks).

It kind of a "snap-shot" thing. You know. That's when they take a snap shot of the merging carriers and see what is going on & what the financial heath is of each. So easy, everyone else gets it.

I must admit Birdman that despite some of your previous post on FI, I really do enjoy your creativity when coming up with some the most entertaining names for the radical CLT crowd. Hee Haw is good but in my opinion "The Pulled Pork Politburo" was by far your best work to date. Keep'em coming. So far the only good thing I have seen from these past 7 years of dysfunction is the list of creative insults all sides have come up with. So far here is what I can remember, Eastholes, Westicles, Turd List, Angry FO Club, Hee Haw,and the Pulled Pork Politburo. I know there must be some I am forgetting. Feel free to add on to the list or better yet lets get a head start on our future AA brothers/sisters because lets be real here. Pilots just don't play well with other kids and it's just a matter of time until we prove it. Again

Don't forget Eastinfections!

Cactusboy, AWA was the first airline to apply and receive money from the ATSB after 9/11, 350 million dollars, and still owed 300 million in 2005..this money ultimately save the Airline.

I don't disagree that the ATSB money helped AWA. While "technically" correct, we were paying on the loan at the time of the merger. All the while making a profit.

I believe US Air also applied and received loans as well, but didn't fare as well financially.

I further believe that the merger & restructuring allowed the new company to re-finance and pay off the ATSB loans completely.

Oh, we also had 2 bankruptcies in the past. In May 2005 we were making money in our post-9/11 contract, getting airplanes, upgrading pilots at 6.5 years and hiring new pilots (including some nice furloughed US Airways pilots that had yet to be poisoned by you nice folks).

It kind of a "snap-shot" thing. You know. That's when they take a snap shot of the merging carriers and see what is going on & what the financial heath is of each. So easy, everyone else gets it.

Ya Dave we as pilots will continue to use our beloved managements decisions against each other. Next time you sit in a Republic jump seat and there is a 29 year old captain and a 55 year old Fo (former 20 year captain flying a real jet for Midwest) make sure you slap him on the back and with your wide politician smile tell him all about how he made the wrong choice to fly for them and he deserves what he got and how lucky he is to have a job. Wait a minute that would be disgusting, vile and contemptuous behaviour that no AWA pilot would ever stoop to.

I would expect that APA would file for Single Carrier status immediately upon the POR date. Why would they need to drag out the timeline and go through the pain of dealing with USAPA when they can put them in a box immediately and ship them back to CLT?

Now that is funny!! Well done. :laugh::crying::laugh:

Latest resources

Back