• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority list at the new AA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm a new-hire. I'm a third-lister. I'm not involved in that fight. Nice try, though. That is, of course, the XJT MEC did something that I'm unaware of.

Let me guess, you fly with the Easties and they have brain washed you. Sounds like it. Well, they screwed up. And, the Westies will probably start coming East with better seniority, which probably makes you nervous. Understandable I guess. Good luck third lister.. Just sit back and watch justice prevail.

Bye Bye---General Lee

The jury is still out on this.....

Since the Nic list would have been part of the JCBA between East and West, and since there never was a JCBA between the two, and the MOU states that any and all contracts and agreements prior to the MOU between APA and USAPA are null and void, it is possible on another starting point.

Of course, the West will sue. The hard part will be figuring out who was harmed and who was not. Lets not forget that 25% of the flying the West does is East flying because the West lost their Vegas hub.

A350

Let me guess, you fly with the Easties and they have brain washed you. Sounds like it. Well, they screwed up. And, the Westies will probably start coming East with better seniority, which probably makes you nervous. Understandable I guess. Good luck third lister.. Just sit back and watch justice prevail.

Bye Bye---General Lee

No, we new-hires fly with Easties and humor them while we are in the cockpit. Now about your hat brass...

how long for a newhire at Airways today to get to PHX, assuming all these fences and mumbo jumbo? guesses?

But you are.
How's Mom's Meatloaf?

Mom, the meatloaf! Thanks for reminding me of that line. Hilarious. As far as starting a fight, I initially just posted something stated by the APA. Some people want to know what they might be thinking. Some don't want to bring it up, and instead slam. I may be trying to be less offensive, but I still will give my opinions, and I won't be a pushover.

Bye Bye---General Lee

The jury is still out on this.....

Since the Nic list would have been part of the JCBA between East and West, and since there never was a JCBA between the two, and the MOU states that any and all contracts and agreements prior to the MOU between APA and USAPA are null and void, it is possible on another starting point.

Of course, the West will sue. The hard part will be figuring out who was harmed and who was not. Lets not forget that 25% of the flying the West does is East flying because the West lost their Vegas hub.

A350

The MTA is a dozen pages or so and it replaces certain parts of the east/west contracts. Reading comprehension is weak in east domiciles, the full language is below.

4. It is the intent of the Parties that, as of the Effective Date, the terms and conditions of employment for pilots employed by New American Airlines and US Airways will be set by the MTA (as defined in Paragraph 1(a)) and in accordance with the process specified herein. The Parties further understand, however, that it will take some period of time for those terms to be implemented. Accordingly, except for those terms specifically identified in Paragraph 3, the Parties agree that each term of the MTA shall be applicable to all US Airways pilots at the earliest practicable time for each such term, and such terms, when applicable, shall govern and displace any conflicting or wholly or partially inconsistent provision of the former US Airways pilot agreements or the status quo arising thereunder. Once the MTA has been fully implemented, it shall fully displace and render a nullity any prior collective bargaining agreements applicable to US Airways pilots and any status quo arising thereunder.

Latest resources

Back