Seniority dispute ends at US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Access Denied

The more important thing that happened today that everyone should be aware of has to do with two nation USAPA officers. I invited Gary Hummel the new EVP and Rob Streble the S/T out to PHX to attend our meeting. They both agreed and showed up at the meeting about 30 minutes prior.

However they informed us that they had been “ordered” prohibited from attending the PHX domicile meeting. When we asked by whom or for what reason they declined to answer any questions. Simply saying that they would rather not talk about it.

I cannot WAIT to hear how the USAPA leadership tries to explain this one away. Easties, care to take a stab at it?

There are no east posters on here except for one or two 1999 hires. This is a forum visited by the pft generation. Also known as the entitlement generation. I do not think one single east pilot visits this site. Just a few 99's and some new hired. This is not the 1989 prior east crowd. That is on usaviation. Plenty of east posters. Not here.

M

There are no east posters on here except for one or two 1999 hires. This is a forum visited by the pft generation. Also known as the entitlement generation. I do not think one single east pilot visits this site. Just a few 99's and some new hired. This is not the 1989 prior east crowd. That is on usaviation. Plenty of east posters. Not here.

M

Don't ever be ashamed of who you are...even if it's nothing to be proud of.

M

Source: AOPA

USaviation.com, Laufer founded in 2000 with his brother Kurt and a fellow pilot, Kyle Zinn. In 1999, at age 23, Laufer had been hired by USAir to fly Boeing 737s. But as many airline new hires find out, having a job and holding a line can be two different things. "I needed something to keep me connected to aviation while I sat reserve at a crash pad," which is airline pilot code for hanging out on call while waiting for a regular flight schedule. The Internet site serves as a portal and search engine for pilots and aviation enthusiasts, and now records more than 28 million hits each month. The online community also gives professional pilots a forum for swapping information and networking. Laufer has launched two related sites on his own, buyaplane.com and aviationclassifieds.com, that he hopes will complement the information exchange already taking place daily in USAviation.com's electronic halls. AOPA members can get a free 30-day text ad on the site. After being furloughed following September 11, 2001, Laufer returned to corporate aviation (his first big break had been flying a Learjet 35 in Southern Florida after college). To parlay his interest in business aviation, Laufer launched CharterPro.com to "fill a communication void between Part 135 charter companies, charter brokers, and charter customers. It's a great tool that allows the charter customer to find great deals while helping the aircraft operator or broker utilize their aircraft and time more efficiently." The site currently has more than 100 aircraft operators and "dozens" of brokers using the system. But even a guy who flies big iron has a soft spot — and that's for tailwheel airplanes. Laufer began flying when a Delta Air Lines captain who based his Piper J-3 Cub at the airport at which Laufer pumped gas asked him, "So are you ready to learn how to fly?" Laufer got hooked on the Cub, and bought a Piper Clipper when he was 18. His first flying job was towing banners over Cape May, New Jersey, in a Cub, where he amassed 500 hours in a single summer. Last summer, with about 1,250 hours of tail time under his belt, Laufer determined it was time to launch his latest project, Tailwheel.com, the site of the Tailwheel Pilots Association. "I wanted to create a Web site where people that shared this common bond could discuss their favorite tailwheel-related topics. I hope to promote tailwheel flying and educate people about an amazing part of aviation that is still available to them."

Marty, after reading this, no wonder US Aviation is a East hot spot.

What generation would you consider Laufer belongs?

This Baby Boomer is curious.

Marty, after reading this, no wonder US Aviation is a East hot spot.

What generation would you consider Laufer belongs?

This Baby Boomer is curious.

Best laugh I've gotten all day. Nice find, Cowboy. Marty, do you have another witty rebuttal you'd care to offer?

Best laugh I've gotten all day. Nice find, Cowboy. Marty, do you have another witty rebuttal you'd care to offer?

You know I like digggin this stuff up. I'm pretty impressed with Laufer.

I'll bet Marty wishes he had thought of being an internet guru. He's probably has a computer that is the size of refrigerator and you have to feed it punch cards. As you know, the East prefers paper bidding over computer bidding.

Still livin in the 70's & 80's.

FYI Flightinfo is an unregulated, dissheveled webboard. USAviation has much more control over it and the whining westies can't post stupid drivel and get away with it. THats the difference.

US management would do better to ask the court to vacate the TA and allow the company to open new west pilot bases in east coast hubs with east coast equipment, if for nothing else the motivational factor for USAPA to do something.

Or, you may find the 24% of your block hours you current fly on East routes being brought back East when the TA min West block hours goes away.

Access Denied

The more important thing that happened today that everyone should be aware of has to do with two nation USAPA officers. I invited Gary Hummel the new EVP and Rob Streble the S/T out to PHX to attend our meeting. They both agreed and showed up at the meeting about 30 minutes prior.

However they informed us that they had been “ordered” prohibited from attending the PHX domicile meeting. When we asked by whom or for what reason they declined to answer any questions. Simply saying that they would rather not talk about it.

Did anyone ask them why their reply to "The Prohibitor" didn't end with .."up a rope!" ?

They sound like wimps to me. Strong enough to vote en masse, but too weak to stand up for their own rights.

Unless they actually stayed. Then they showed a micron more guts than Cleary and Mowery.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back