• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority by Date of Hire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh...oh...where am I?? I thought I was at flightinfo.com but it feels like US Aviation......oh...oh...the room is spinning out of control (and me w/o my first beer??!!)!!!!:beer:

So, Marty.
We AWA folks have many Mesa pilot's in our ranks. Could we have counted on your support if you had been even one number senior to Dave Odell??

That would have been funny. MCDU...."Those rat B#######'s Eastie's are ruining everything!!"

Actually USAPA can thank ALPA policy requiring a joint contract prior to SLI for their existance. Had the horse been put ahead of the cart and the SLI been determined and implemented first, the joint contract could have been judged truly on it's merits alone, not on how it could be used to circumvent the arbitrated award.

The AWA pilots need to take some of the responsibility for being in the position they are by choosing to be wimps on the high road than fighting the guerilla war which was necessary.

As they always say, "We'll get 'em next time" (but we'll use exactly the same failed strategy).

Oh...oh...where am I?? I thought I was at flightinfo.com but it feels like US Aviation......oh...oh...the room is spinning out of control (and me w/o my first beer??!!)!!!!:beer:

So, Marty.
We AWA folks have many Mesa pilot's in our ranks. Could we have counted on your support if you had been even one number senior to Dave Odell??

That would have been funny. MCDU...."Those rat B#######'s Eastie's are ruining everything!!"

Thats why we call AWA=Mesa Grande. Same mentality. The apple does not fall far from the tree.

M

Troll alert!

Come on Soulfly. Give it a shot. You need to vent. I know debating this does not get us anywhere. But it is good to lay it all out. This Topic is like debating pro-life or pro-choice. One side thinks DOH and the other relative seniority. But its all good. In 10 years most of us Easties will be gone and you will have your airline.

M

Air Canada use be a part of ALPA then know as CALPA. Their parent company bought all the Regionals flying for them. When they were furloughing they want common employer to go backwards into the regionals. The problem was on the other direction with a common carrier petition. It was so bad they broke out of CALPA. The problem is that when CALPA merged with ALPA, all the legal expenses are still paid by ALPA in reference to the common carrier petition. It doesn't matter apples to grapes. Common carrier is common carrier! Be careful what you wish for and file lawsuits for.

Thats how it should always be when two union pilot groups merge! Period !

That's what I've always said. Merge them and give them a number based on date of hire and DON'T MOVE ANYONE!! Everyone stays in their current seat. And then when vacancies come out things are awarded by seniority. That's fair.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back