• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority by Date of Hire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, let's say Continental and ExpressJet merge. Both have captains with 20+ years. Does the $97 an hour RJ captain with twenty years go above the $138 an hour 737 captain with three years? Windfall anyone?

You are not comparing apples to apples. You are comparing Apples to grapes!

With an Apple to Apple Merge >> Seniorty should be "Date of hire"

raj,

I know exactly how that feels... I was in that pilot group that got kicked to the street...

I guess you didn't get the sarcasm in my first post.

I'm just a "Kmart pilot". Always will be....

raj,

I know exactly how that feels... I was in that pilot group that got kicked to the street...

I guess you didn't get the sarcasm in my first post.

I'm just a "Kmart pilot". Always will be....

Gotcha!

That was a bad deal you guys went through!

DOH- what a joke! Ok rajboy, you're a senior 747 capt. at relatively new, all-747 airline "A" and you merge with an all 737 airline "B" that was established say, 5 years before your airline. Each fleet has the same # of airplanes. Lets say airline B hired for 5 years and stopped. Lets say your 747 pay is twice as much as airline B 737 capt and 3 times as much as airline B 737 F/O...got it..?---guess what, by DOH you will be junior to the MOST junior 737 COPILOT at "B" who was making 1/3 your salary--but that's OK because YOU will now be a 737 capt. making half as much as you were pre-merger. Now you can holler fences all you want...you can run but you can't hide..unless the fences are career-long, which kind of defeats the purpose of the merger a little bit, I would think....in fact, career long fences would effectively, and in fact, -be no "merger" at all of two seniority lists. Rajboy, can you "kind of" maybe see--just a little bit... how it might be slightly..too good of a deal for bottom copilot "B" and just... maybe...an ever so tiny bad deal for you, 747 capt. "A"?

DOH- what a joke! Ok rajboy, you're a senior 747 capt. at relatively new, all-747 airline "A" and you merge with an all 737 airline "B" that was established say, 5 years before your airline. Each fleet has the same # of airplanes. Lets say airline B hired for 5 years and stopped. Lets say your 747 pay is twice as much as airline B 737 capt and 3 times as much as airline B 737 F/O...got it..?---guess what, by DOH you will be junior to the MOST junior 737 COPILOT at "B" who was making 1/3 your salary--but that's OK because YOU will now be a 737 capt. making half as much as you were pre-merger. Now you can holler fences all you want...you can run but you can't hide..unless the fences are career-long, which kind of defeats the purpose of the merger a little bit, I would think....in fact, career long fences would effectively, and in fact, -be no "merger" at all of two seniority lists. Rajboy, can you "kind of" maybe see--just a little bit... how it might be slightly..too good of a deal for bottom copilot "B" and just... maybe...an ever so tiny bad deal for you, 747 capt. "A"?

Ok. I can certainly see your point. Tell me how you feel about the way the USAIR deal went down? (East vs West) deal? I'm not a USAIR guy but I know a lot of those guys.

Why should CAL and Expressjet not be date of hire with fences? Do you think that flying a bigger plane makes you a better pilot? If you have date of hire with fences and a trickle type bidding process there is no immediate windfall. This is the heart of all problems within Alpa, we all fly for a living, and I make more money flying an Rj than some do flying a 747. In this case size does not matter!!!

Ok. I can certainly see your point. Tell me how you feel about the way the USAIR deal went down? (East vs West) deal? I'm not a USAIR guy but I know a lot of those guys.

I'll jump in on this one. I think the USAir deal was pretty fair. I would have given the East pilots a little more consideration for future retirements, but not a whole lot. And I certainly would not have put any furloughed pilots ahead of any actively flying West pilots.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back