• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority by Date of Hire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And you are on the "Lucky Side" of things!

?? Going on 8 years now. Had AWA been left as is, I would have been a captain on reserve for the past 1.5 years, and US Air would have gone the way of Eastern, Pan Am, Braniff (1&2), etc. I count myself blessed that I presently get to keep my job (with 100% DH & Mechanical:) ).

Could you explain how an AWA pilot hired prior to the acquisition will be lucky if he is furloughed BEFORE a former US Air FURLOUGHED PILOT (with NO hope of returning to the ORIGINAL US Air EVER ...because they were 4 DAYS away from COMPLETE LIQUIDATION)??

When this acquisition occurred, I thought ....surely these US Air folks are reasonable...surely we can get this merger stuff done and put behind us so that we can concentrate on a new joint contract....surely this will go no further than the ALP merger process. Pretty funny, huh??

Our industry is under attack by greedy oil people and speculators. In fact, our entire US economy is being held hostage by these greedy people. So we are all being attacked externally. The AWA group is being attacked internally by their own "union" (and sued...albiet unsuccessfully at this time). Now where did I see that "beating a dead horse" icon????

The bottom East guy was just the bottom guy for a short snap shot in 2005. It was not like he got hired in 1988 a was at the bottom his whole career like Dave Odell.

The 1988 DOH had almost 2000 pilots below them in 2001 and they are now are all line holders in 2008. Times change but not your DOH.

M

Final, meet Binding. Binding, meet Final.

M;
Is it true that you did not work for mainline prior to the acquisition??

True. I was Mesa.

M

Quote from Dave: Could you explain how an AWA pilot hired prior to the acquisition will be lucky if he is furloughed BEFORE a former US Air FURLOUGHED PILOT (with NO hope of returning to the ORIGINAL US Air EVER ...because they were 4 DAYS away from COMPLETE LIQUIDATION)??

Dave, that is B.S. No one would have loan us any money and we did not even start selling off assets. You do not loan money unless you see value in something. Try again. The fact is that with out this USAIR merger AWA would be history. Look where all the flying is being cut and where all the money was made.

M

Last edited:
Way to much weight put on a snapshot taken back in 2005. DOH is the only non subjective method. If USAPA puts up a fence to protect the west flying that should be it, end of story.

Thats right.. I don't. You guys merge with an airline and then destroy that airlines pilot group!!

Leave all those peeps out on the street. How does that feel?

Out on the street? What are you talking about? I heard about 400 of them went to Eagle and ended up doing to those guys what they were pissed AA was doing to them. Sheesh, talk about wanting your cake and eating it to.

Thanks Eaglesview.
Its nice to see your support. Anybody who would have been in our situation would understand why the Nic would never work. ALPA or not. It does not matter. Alpa could have done nothing to get the list implemented anyway. Prater told me that the Nic would never see the light due the fact that it has to be approved my both groups.

M

15 Year guy that was Recalled! Exactly My Point. This guy put 15 years of his life into USAIR and just because he was furloughed a New Hire at AWA should be senior to him? Get Real !!

USAIR had already made the tuff furloughs to try to be profitable. Their pilots gave up cold hard cash too. DOH is the way to go with this USAIR AWA deal.

There is no more AWA. Its all US Airways. Its one company. There should be one sensible seniority list.

You just answered your own question and didn't even realized it because your misinformed. Your right about there is no more AWA, well guess what? There's no more USAir neither. It's a totally new company with the same name that those 15 year guys came back to. That's why they were put behind actives, they didn't have any expectations to come back to the old USAir, and following ALPA merger policy, Nicalou placed them accordingly.

The list is fair.

Thanks Eaglesview.
Its nice to see your support. Anybody who would have been in our situation would understand why the Nic would never work. ALPA or not. It does not matter. Alpa could have done nothing to get the list implemented anyway. Prater told me that the Nic would never see the light due the fact that it has to be approved my both groups.

M

hopefully it gets worked out. I would not put any weight in what Prater says or any other ALPA exec.

PS any moment now someone will accuse us of being the same person.

15 Year guy that was Recalled! Exactly My Point. This guy put 15 years of his life into USAIR and just because he was furloughed a New Hire at AWA should be senior to him? Get Real !!

USAIR had already made the tuff furloughs to try to be profitable. Their pilots gave up cold hard cash too. DOH is the way to go with this USAIR AWA deal.

There is no more AWA. Its all US Airways. Its one company. There should be one sensible seniority list.
--just because--your husband was shot doesn't mean you shouldn't have enjoyed the play, Mrs. Lincoln. Raj, you seem to have ignored the rest of my post.... You make a pure emotional argument, which is no argument at all. DOH is an emotional argument.. answer this: Do the USAir pilots actually "deserve" (for whatever reason under the sun) better flying positions than they would have had prior to the merger BECAUSE of airplanes, routes, etc. that neither THEY nor their company brought to the merger? Do the AMWEST pilots, who have been flying their positions for years now, and have had every reasonable expectation to continue to do so, "deserve" now to fly lesser positions? Fences? It's funny, the only time I hear 'fences' is in conjunction with a DOH fanatic...DOH/with fences --seem to be joined at the hip. I ask all you DOH guys...why fences? ..Why not just go for the gold right out of the box!!...I mean..it's fair, right?DOH? --Fences are an ENTICEMENT, implicitly acknowledging the unfairness and unreasonableness of DOH. You can run but you can't hide from crappy seniority. DOH guys, the only reason you support DOH is because it will give you an advantage or windfall over a completely equivalent (or sometimes more than equivalent in terms of pay and benefits) pilot group..a pilot group that only expects to continue to fly what they can currently fly. (as should be everyones' REASONABLE expectation)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back