• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Say Goodbye to MESA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would Delta get rid of ERJs? Now Mesa will be cheaper and been through BK, its a fresh start. Look for more DC flying to go to Mesa. Mesa will never die, their kind of business is very valuable for majors. Cheap.

Why would Delta get rid of ERJs? Now Mesa will be cheaper and been through BK, its a fresh start. Look for more DC flying to go to Mesa. Mesa will never die, their kind of business is very valuable for majors. Cheap.

What would be cheaper for Delta, keeping the flying, profits and controll in house or contracting it out and loosing the profits?

This was all I had to read of your post to know that it was flamebait but I'll bite anyway.

You've really gone off the deep end if you think Mesa has industry leading operating performance. Why do you think Delta wants to terminate their contract??? :

I find if funny that an ASA guy is trying to make fun of anyone over performance.

Wait, how can you call this guy an idiot?

You may disagree with him, you may think that his interpretation of information is unsound, but to call him an idiot is just unfounded. He forms opinions based on facts, that makes him no more of an idiot than you or me.

Resorting to personal insults versus arguing facts and their interpretations actually makes your opinions less valid to those of us who know how to read.

This guy is an idiot for coming on here and saying Delta has a choice to accept the contract being affirmed by Mesa, when they have no such right. He should say something like "He thinks they do" or "he wished they do", but to state unequivocally that they do is being an idiot.

This was all I had to read of your post to know that it was flamebait but I'll bite anyway.

You've really gone off the deep end if you think Mesa has industry leading operating performance. Why do you think Delta wants to terminate their contract??? And you're calling Olympus an idiot???

I have no ill will toward the Mesa pilot group (they're just trying to earn a living like everyone else) but JO and his cronies need to find a different line of work and quit dragging the industry down, so here's to hoping Mesa goes Chapter 7, and soon! :beer:

Please consider for a moment that Mesa's reputation and many of your perceptions on this board were framed based on poor past performance. Recently (for over a year) Mesa has in fact, produced industry leading perormance in nearly every metric for all partners. They have made too many improvements to enumerate.

So Why did Delta cancel the contract? According to the Federal judge.... they cancelled the contract "in bad faith" using cancellations commanded by Delta in JFK, so Delta could use the slots. They did it because they has a brand new CEO who wanted to flex his muscle, they did it because the price of fuel had skyrocketed to $140 per barrel and they did it because they no longer longer needed the 50 seat feed. Let's forget about the contract, flet's forget about being a good partner, let's trump up some charges and just cancel the contract, "what can they do?

Delta was then and is now a big bully and they never expected Mesa to fight back. That is why Mesa won an TRO and why they are still flying for Delta. In the meantime Mesa is leading all Connection carriers in all performance metrics, including in flight product. Sorry if you disagree but this is the truth.

I guess we will see who is right shortly when the judge rules and Mesa affirms the Delta contract without Delta's consent.

why doesn't someone just post the performance numbers??

Latest resources

Back