• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Say Goodbye to MESA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you ever consider that the engines are nice and warm in a warehouse? Maybe engines are normally removed for long term storage?
Yeah,
Jo, "removed them for long term storage", they are most likely hanging on a Columbian/Peruvian coke manufacturers mule plane, ya know JO's partner.
PBR

LOL I am truly amazed at how you can continue to live in the past and deny fact after fact after fact. Several weeks ago US Airway's executives held a recognition event honoring Mesa for their 2009 #1 performance.

Honestly I am not making this up. I agree Mesa has had performance issues in the past but for the past year they have been simply outstanding.

Believe it, its true. Also Mesa's pilots now have one of the better contracts in this industry another fact you folks keep denigrating.

Go Vikings

Wait,...what???? One of the "better contracts in this industry"???????

Someone's overdue for one of those random drug tests!!!!!!!!:nuts:

BTW what is Death by Boonga Boonga or do I want to know?

Three pilots have to appear in front of JO.

#1 steps up and JO asks, "do you want Death or Boonga, Boonga?"

#1 says, "I don't know what Boonga, Boonga is BUT I don't want to die, so I will take Boonga, Boonga." JO gets up drops his pants and bends #1 over the table and proceeds to Boonga, Boonga him.

#2 steps up and JO asks, "do you want Death or Boonga, Boonga?"

Well, now they know what Boonga, Boonga is but #2 doesn't want to die so he responds, "I'll take Boonga, Boonga." JO then says 2 Boonga, Boongas for you!

#3 steps up and JO asks, "do you want Death or Boonga, Boonga?"

Now, this 3rd pilot has had enough and there is no way he's going to let JO bend him over 3 times. So he defiantly says, "Death! I take Death!."

JO gets up and shouts - "DEATH BY BOONGA, BOONGA!"

That my friend is your choice during the upcoming Bankruptcy.

They're going to bend you over, or have the judge bend you over and JO is going to get his Boonga, Boonga one way or another.

1. Mesa declares bankruptcy (done).
2. Gets rid of all ERJs, -200s, Dash-8s.
3. Left with 53 aircraft: all -700s and -900s (~13 with UA, balance with US), all in place with financing and utilization.
4. Furloughs down to ~500 pilots, kills Freedom, cuts off F8 management.
5. Lowers costs another ~20% with re-negotiated leases, less overhead, etc.
6. Collects about half or more of the $70M it is suing DL for (Freedom) in BK court (Delta settles to end pain in ass relationship).
7. Exits bankruptcy with over $100M in cash (new stock issuance + current cash + good cash flow).
8. Makes Parker a deal for contract extension of current -900 flying at lower cost (Mesa most competitive regional now after BK), which...
9. involves a takeover of PSA, thus injecting ca$h into US, takes pain in ass airline and Express division out of US' hands (again lowering US' costs while accepting a "partner's" "investment").
10. Mesa "Regional Airline of the Year" 2011.

It all makes sense now! Declare bankruptcy in order to terminate the leases on a few dozen 50 seat RJs, emerge from bankruptcy "flush with cash", then buy another airline which operates mostly 50 seat RJs. Brilliant!

LOL I am truly amazed at how you can continue to live in the past and deny fact after fact after fact. Several weeks ago US Airway's executives held a recognition event honoring Mesa for their 2009 #1 performance.

Honestly I am not making this up. I agree Mesa has had performance issues in the past but for the past year they have been simply outstanding.

Believe it, its true. Also Mesa's pilots now have one of the better contracts in this industry another fact you folks keep denigrating.

Go Vikings

Since when did Mesa gets 747s? Your dick truly is larger than anyone else's here. <applauds> Bravo. But I thought you weren't going to post here anymore.

Taken from APC today....

Calling Taco Rocket, Pdubs, Rene, Sniper..... calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard...

Mesa filed a motion today to "reject, abandon, transfer title, or surrender and return excess equipment"
Hearing scheduled Feb. 9th.

The exhibits include:

Excess Leased Equipment to be Rejected Immediatley

2 GE CF34-3B1
1 GE CF34-8C1
1 RR AE3007
1 GE CF34-8C5

Excess Leased Equipment to be Rejected on Date to be Determined, Subject to Further Notice

16 DHC 8-202
46 CL-600-2B19
12 CL-600-2C10
25 CL-600-2D24
35 ERJ 145

Owned Equipment that May be Subsequently Abandoned

2 CL-600-2B19
8 CL-600-2C10
13 CL-600-2D24

Key words:

"rejected immediately"
"subject to further notice"
"may be subsequently abandoned"

Translation:

Mesa Management's message to Creditors: "You'll take some of these off our backs or we'll dump 'em all on ya!"

Was an entertaning few minuets of reading. Rene kicked all of your a$$es.

Fact is that things have changed considerably since new ops management came in. Hope its not to late.....We shall see.

Bunch of small minds that frequint the FI kiddie (RJ) board. Now go sling someones gear and stick to "reading only".....no posting.

Was an entertaning few minuets of reading. Rene kicked all of your a$$es.

Fact is that things have changed considerably since new ops management came in. Hope its not to late.....We shall see.

Bunch of small minds that frequint the FI kiddie (RJ) board. Now go sling someones gear and stick to "reading only".....no posting.

You're just upset everyone thinks you are a freedom A-lister cuz ur on the taco jet operating on the freedumb certificate.

You're just upset everyone thinks you are a freedom A-lister cuz ur on the taco jet operating on the freedumb certificate.

I had to take you off my ignore list to read your post. Wow I wish I had that thirty seconds back.

4506 posts. Dude......get a girlfriend.

Latest resources

Back