• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Say Goodbye to MESA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Airways is in a position where they need to justify keeping mesa around because they cannot replace the 900 feed any other way.

I will say having ridden on the 900s regularly as a commuter that their entire products is inferior to that of any other regional feed provider in the airways network. Even in the past year, haven't seen much change with the mesa product.

Believe it, its true. Also Mesa's pilots now have one of the better contracts in this industry another fact you folks keep denigrating.

Ah.... didn't they just lose a bunch of QOL work rules when management conveniently withdrew from PBS the day before BK?

It wasn't that great to begin with.... I hardly call it "one of the better contracts". More like, better than ********************ty.

And wait until JO bends you over during BK threatening the 113c. Just hope for Chapter 7 and a quick death, better than the death by boonga, boonga.

I'd like some of what ever Rene is smoking, please!!!

Last edited:
LOL I am truly amazed at how you can continue to live in the past and deny fact after fact after fact. Several weeks ago US Airway's executives held a recognition event honoring Mesa for their 2009 #1 performance.

Honestly I am not making this up. I agree Mesa has had performance issues in the past but for the past year they have been simply outstanding.

Believe it, its true. Also Mesa's pilots now have one of the better contracts in this industry another fact you folks keep denigrating.

Go Vikings

Now I know why the Vikes lost! D-bag!

LOL I am truly amazed at how you can continue to live in the past and deny fact after fact after fact. Several weeks ago US Airway's executives held a recognition event honoring Mesa for their 2009 #1 performance.

Honestly I am not making this up. I agree Mesa has had performance issues in the past but for the past year they have been simply outstanding.

Go Vikings

Okay, at this point I'm gonna have to say that this is just total flame bait. Please, please, please...everyone. Stop feeding the troll...he should go back under his bridge if you/we would only stop feeding him.

Thanks.

1. Mesa declares bankruptcy (done).
2. Gets rid of all ERJs, -200s, Dash-8s.
3. Left with 53 aircraft: all -700s and -900s (~13 with UA, balance with US), all in place with financing and utilization.
4. Furloughs down to ~500 pilots, kills Freedom, cuts off F8 management.
5. Lowers costs another ~20% with re-negotiated leases, less overhead, etc.
6. Collects about half or more of the $70M it is suing DL for (Freedom) in BK court (Delta settles to end pain in ass relationship).
7. Exits bankruptcy with over $100M in cash (new stock issuance + current cash + good cash flow).
8. Makes Parker a deal for contract extension of current -900 flying at lower cost (Mesa most competitive regional now after BK), which...
9. involves a takeover of PSA, thus injecting ca$h into US, takes pain in ass airline and Express division out of US' hands (again lowering US' costs while accepting a "partner's" "investment").
10. Mesa "Regional Airline of the Year" 2011.

At 99.4 CCF for full year 2009 Mesa was indeed #1 (This is up from 98.2% in 2008) Full year A-14 in 2009 was 82.9 up from 77.7 in 2008)

There is a a plaque to prove it hanging on the wall. I know you would like these numbers to be different but these are the facts. Why are Delta's and UAL's numbers suddenly not meaningful for purposes of this discussion?

Nice try, Maybe if you just shout Mesa sucks loud enough it will make it true.

I could go out and buy a plaque that says Im the worlds greatest pilot. That doesn't mean I am.

Ah.... didn't they just lose a bunch of QOL work rules when management conveniently withdrew from PBS the day before BK?

It wasn't that great to begin with.... I hardly call it "one of the better contracts". More like, better than ********************ty.

And wait until JO bends you over during BK threatening the 113c. Just hope for Chapter 7 and a quick death, better than the death by boonga, boonga.

I'd like some of what ever Rene is smoking, please!!!

We never lost anything. PBS is alive and well at Mesa. We reached a settlement with management on two open grievances regarding PBS and management recinded the cancellation notice. We are now working on a LOA to make it even better.

BTW what is Death by Boonga Boonga or do I want to know?

They should replace it with A318s at Piedmont in my opinion.

No I think they should do a codeshare with RAH's new A319s they just acquired. They could kick all the F9 pilots to the curb like they did with Midex crews, then buy Mesa's pilot academy to fill the seats.

Latest resources

Back